Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CORVETTE FOR A MUSTANG?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 06:52 PM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Default RE: CORVETTE FOR A MUSTANG?

Well I didn't say which Z06. I have to admit that new Z06 is the greatest. I'm talking bout the C5 version. The C6 is an amazing car. Thats my next toy. Not the Z06 the C6.
Old 02-01-2005, 07:17 PM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

well sure, put enough money into any car and it'll be a z06 killah! put that same cash into a z06 and it'll add 3 inches on your shlong!
Old 02-04-2005, 11:30 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Car and Driver voted the mustang more fun to drive than the corvette and also best muscle car. Personally I wouldn't be caught dead in a chevy period. Its a damn disgrace to be seeing all these mustangs owners kiss the chevy's ***.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:53 PM
roboha

WELL GUYS AND GALS I GUESS I AM A TRUE MUSTANG FAN AND I THOUGHT THIS WAS A MUSTANG FORUM BUT I THINK THE STANK IS MUCH BETTER LOOKING THAN THE NEW VETTE ANT DAY!!!!!! ROBOHA
Old 02-04-2005, 03:12 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

Its a damn disgrace to be seeing all these mustangs owners kiss the chevy's ***.
Aw, come on... are you really that serious about that? Think outside the box a little-- you CAN'T say that the new C6's numbers aren't impressive. Ford sure as hell didn't bring anything out this year that can compare with that in reference to the stang. I love mustangs, but the new vette definitely kicks the new stangs ***. Lookwise and performance.

It's O.....K..... to like something other than Ford ya know.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:18 PM
krafty02
2nd Gear Member

Marty, that pic kicks ***. thanks man.
Old 02-04-2005, 03:22 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

ORIGINAL: roboha
WELL GUYS AND GALS I GUESS I AM A TRUE MUSTANG FAN AND I THOUGHT THIS WAS A MUSTANG FORUM BUT I THINK THE STANK <<<< (NOT a typo -- the K and the G are too far apart on the board) IS MUCH BETTER LOOKING THAN THE NEW VETTE ANT DAY!!!!!! ROBOHA
Hey, man, you started the thread with the question. We have a lot of brand loyalty up here, no doubt, but there is also some who call 'em like they see 'em. HOLLA, Rock!!! I would personally never own a Vette because I've never really liked them. But I have to say I've never really driven one and might change (probably) my mind if I did. Sat in a few and liked em, took one around a block once, but I digress.

It's never going to end, but it'll always be a pain to listen to: Stangs and Vettes aren't meant to be direct competitors. Two different classes: price-wise for certain, perfomance-wise for the most part. Sigh.

I would have done what you did and for the same reason you did it: I love the look of the new Stangs. They are to me just so cool looking and look like a hoss-daddy tricked out 67-70 fastback. But if I could afford to pay cash for the Stang like you did, I would have both. I wouldn't be surprised if some of that came from the proceeds of the Vette sale, but still.....

Now you need to take some of that bank you've rolled (what - ~$6K?) and do THIS:

Mother of Mercy!!

Get er done!!!
Old 02-04-2005, 06:48 PM
roboha

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD THE VETTE WAS PAID FOR SOLD IT FOR 32K THE STANG WAS 26.8K OTR. NOW I HAVE $ TO PURCHASE THE SHAKER HOOD SCOOP AND SEQUENTIAL TAIL LAMPS
Old 02-04-2005, 08:49 PM
2bubbas

I had 4 Corvettes since buying a used 1996 in 2000. Then a new 2001. Then a 1966 and a 1978. I drove the 2001 34,000 miles in 14 months. I now have zero Corvettes ( Wife still has a 72 ) and a 05 GT on order. Why? The 2001 was just too nice. No shake, rattle, etc. The 66 and 78 were such nice low mileage originals that I felt like I was doing something wrong by driving them for pleasure.
Had a chance to sell the old ones to a collector. One that might be more into polishing and showing than I am. My plans for the 05 are to drive and enjoy very minute I can.
Guess, I don't think it's such a sin to sell a Vette to buy the new Stang.
Have loved this new design since day one! You won't mistake this for any other car on the road.
Couldn't hardly tell the Vette from a Firebird coming at you. Also just hate the new Corvette front end.
Old 02-05-2005, 12:25 PM
groundpounder
Sith Lord/Site Mod

YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD THE VETTE WAS PAID FOR SOLD IT FOR 32K THE STANG WAS 26.8K OTR. NOW I HAVE $ TO PURCHASE THE SHAKER HOOD SCOOP AND SEQUENTIAL TAIL LAMPS
I figured as much. You rich old guys, I swear...BUT in 15 years, if I can't pay cash for a new car I figure I'll find a tall tree and a short rope.

SO, Mr. Hammock, are we or are we not going to step up to the plate with the bank you rolled on the sale (plus part of what I KNOW you got in the bank - I'm a stockbroker - I know your type!! ) and do the twin turbo or not?? You're too mature for peer pressure, but you're a "young 51" which is outstanding, so come on, man! Get down on the get down. Spend 2 grand on some ****-daddy wheels and tires (18x12 in the back) and 5 large on the twin turbo!!!

the pounder is chanting do it DO IT DO IT DO IT

Quick Reply: CORVETTE FOR A MUSTANG?