corsa install help ? - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.

corsa install help ?

Old 08-15-2007, 11:12 PM
travis5049
1st Gear Member

Default RE: corsa install help ?

that will help..........do one at a time and line up the new corsa with the old pipe that you took off. Or, angle the tip out the rear facia cutout, if the exhaust flange with clamp isnt close, than you have the wrong pipe on the wrong side. My corsas sound nice.Also the clamp side doesnt go on as far as you would think. Make sure the clamps are completly loose and just keep wiggling and twisting the pipe until you think its not moving up any further. The exhaust tip shoud be 3/4 to an inch past the fascia when its all done. I'll send some pics later if you need them.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:28 PM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

Just an update, thanks again guys. I got them on this morning in my garage and didn't have to go to the guy with the lift. There was a little fussing, but mostly it went very smooth once I put the bracket on the correct way. I have them installed, centered, and about 40 miles on them so far. I love the sound and the look of these Corsas. Not obnoxious at idle or cruising, and they bark when you give it some gas.
Old 08-16-2007, 12:53 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: saltzy

Just an update, thanks again guys. I got them on this morning in my garage and didn't have to go to the guy with the lift. There was a little fussing, but mostly it went very smooth once I put the bracket on the correct way. I have them installed, centered, and about 40 miles on them so far. I love the sound and the look of these Corsas. Not obnoxious at idle or cruising, and they bark when you give it some gas.
Glad to hear it!!

And join the club!! They get a little bit better and louder after a breakin period too. Every once in a while I have a buddy drive mine while I stand on the side of the road just so I can hear what they really sound like. I highly suggest you do that. It's incredible!!
Old 08-16-2007, 01:28 PM
6xStang
3rd Gear Member

the muffler inlet flanges were also bent (during shipping) on the corsas that I installed on my caddy. They were good about sending a replacement...but it made a simple job into a complete two-day PITA.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:38 PM
JRT1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aziraphale

Glad to hear it!!

And join the club!! They get a little bit better and louder after a breakin period too. Every once in a while I have a buddy drive mine while I stand on the side of the road just so I can hear what they really sound like. I highly suggest you do that. It's incredible!!
This is so true, mine sound way different now with around 500 miles on them then they did new.
I went from Macs to Corsa, loved the tone and loudness of the Macs, but I hated the drone with a passion.

When I first put the Corsa’s on I wanted them deeper and louder and had consider changing the exhaust system to get that.
But everyone told me to wait, they will change in sound, and they did; they are deeper and louder now and just sound awesome.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JRT1

This is so true, mine sound way different now with around 500 miles on them then they did new.
I went from Macs to Corsa, loved the tone and loudness of the Macs, but I hated the drone with a passion.

When I first put the Corsa’s on I wanted them deeper and louder and had consider changing the exhaust system to get that.
But everyone told me to wait, they will change in sound, and they did; they are deeper and louder now and just sound awesome.
Hit the nail on the head with that statement. Not only that, the sound in the cabin is pretty subdued but not outside the car. I decided I was keeping them when I had a buddy drive it while I was on the side of the road. It is a whole nother beast and sounds awesome.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:51 PM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Aziraphale

ORIGINAL: JRT1

Hit the nail on the head with that statement. Not only that, the sound in the cabin is pretty subdued but not outside the car. I decided I was keeping them when I had a buddy drive it while I was on the side of the road. It is a whole nother beast and sounds awesome.
That's outstanding. I'm looking forward to the richening/maturing of the sound. As it is already, I'm revving the motor a ton just to get more of the sound of those beauties!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

Although I like how Corsas sound, am not a fan of how they look - like depth charges or boat pontoons sticking out from under the trunk.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Aziraphale
4th Gear Member

That's outstanding. I'm looking forward to the richening/maturing of the sound. As it is already, I'm revving the motor a ton just to get more of the sound of those beauties!
My gas mileage went down when I put them on because I did the same thing [>:] I kept it at higher revs and such just to hear them

And I would prefer they didnt hang below the rear bumper but it is a small price to pay for the way they sound and the way the tips look.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:58 PM
KEELENTIME

I have been considering the Corsas. Care to post some pics now that you have them installed correctly?