Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dyno Tune Results (Dyno Sheet Attached)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 05:08 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Custom Dyno Tune Results (Dyno Sheet Attached)

I'm glad you got a second opinion. I thought something was wrong.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:09 PM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Custom Dyno Tune Results

those arnt bad numbers esp with the weather. i remember cheftjpeck's rant about his dyno numbers with those mods then he got it redone locking out forth or something and got near 300 i believe.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:35 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Custom Dyno Tune Results

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

Very nice. Your numbers are pretty much dead on now with the mods you have. A/F is dead on too.
so are his 3.73 dropping his RWHP.....very nice numbers with your setup...congrats...just curious...as Mine was 300.8 with same mods and 304 torque...without the gear change....
Gears have 0 impact on HP.

As to the difference between yours and his, different dyno different results.

Ive been on a dyno-jet and put down 465 hp 494 torque
And on a mustang dyno put down 412 hp 445 torque (both on spray of course!)

I know for a fact my car is nowhere near the dyno-jet numbers, but they are nice to see!

It all comes down to different dyno different day, thats it.
I fully understand that...this is not my first rodeo....the question on the gears was just that...however his numbers are very good considering the heat...that I agree with...I was simply looking at his graph and seeing the line and how they went up...in my instance...I PERSONALLY had issue where one guy WITH a DYNOJET...did not know how to dyno the AUTO s197 and dynoed my car in 3rd...because he did not lock out 4th...in my next post below the one you responded to you will see I was simply asking him if this guy DID indeed dyno it in 4th and IF it was locked out in 4th..because if it was not it should reflect that by showing a point where the car downshifted...it does not show that so either he A) did program the car to lock in 4th or B) he dynoed in 3rd which would give him an inaccurate number...
also, lets not debate over which system gives more accurate numbers....that horse has been beat to death...
p.s. my 300.8 and 304 were acheived on a MUSTANG dyno as well.not a dynojet...so I guess based on your response my dynojet numbers would have been much higher and skewed? ..I attached my sheet from back then....

[IMG]local://upfiles/42783/262226394D6D45828024DEAE5BF7CA1F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-18-2007, 01:07 AM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chp2150

The first thing to look for on a dyno run for NA cars is, do the HP and Torque curves cross at 5250 RPM. If they don't you've got some problems with the way the dyno was set up. I've had mine done at two seperate places, and the curves were a joke.
It's important to note that the curves do not have to cross at 5250 rpm, but the values at 5250 should be equal. I've seen graphs where the scale for torque was not the same as the scale for HP, thus while the values of tq and hp were equal at 5250 rpm, the lines did not physically cross at that point.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:50 PM
JGT
2nd Gear Member

I honestly don't know how they dyno'd it. The shop works with S197s a lot and is pretty reputable, so I assumed they knew what they were doing.

So, cheftjpeck, you are saying that since my car doesn't show a dip early on, either they correctly locked it in fourth, or (incorrectly)ran it in third? And if there is a dip, that means it was run in fourth by turning O/D off (and not locking it in fourth) and the small dip is due to the car shifting into fourth early on?

They also gave me the dyno numbers before the SAE correction. I found it interesting that the non-SAE corrected numbers are actually higher (by about 5-10 HP) than the SAE corrected numbers. I am assuming the standard temperature/pressure is something like 70 F and sea level? It was about 80 when I had it tuned. I would have thought the SAE numbers would have been better...

Old 08-22-2007, 08:55 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

pretty good numbers for an auto, i guess. i'm puttin down 10 more HP w/ far less mods on a manual. the torque curve looks, uh, weird. i don't recall my curve being all over the place like that. am i the only one who thinks the torque curve looks funny?

btw, take note of my numbers and mods. this was in 100+ temperatures.