Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Dyno Tune Results (Dyno Sheet Attached)

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 11:41 PM
JGT
2nd Gear Member

Default Custom Dyno Tune Results (Dyno Sheet Attached)

Some of you may have read my post a while back after I got my car dyno'd and only put down 265 rwhp and 267 rwtq (with quite a few bolt ons). I was also running lean at 13.6. Here is the post:

https://mustangforums.com/m_3503396/tm.htm

Well, I got a custom dyno tune today and managed to put down 284 rwhp and 305 rwtq with the exact same mods (and a nice 13.0 A/F). As they always say, different day, different dyno, so who knows, but I am definitely much happier with these results. I think this is about where I should be with an automatic. I would have loved to been one of the automatics that puts down in the 290s with these mods, but after that initial scare, I will take what I've got.

Here is the mod list again:
C&L Cold Air Intake
American Racing Longtube Headers & Catted H-Pipe
Borla Stingers
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
FRPP 3.73 Gears
Custom Dyno Tune

It was about 90 degrees when I got the first dyno and about 80 when I got the second. These numbers were all SAE corrected, but I've been told it can still have an effect, so that might have made up some of the difference. Some also thought the first dyno run might have been done incorrectly, which I was never able to confirm, so again this could be an explanation for the large difference. Whatever the case, I can definitely feel a difference, and nothing can replace that peace of mind I now feel that the car is tuned the safe and best way.

[IMG]local://upfiles/49501/C4EE9C4618C3454BB579CDC495F7CDDD.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-16-2007, 11:45 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Custom Dyno Tune Results

Very nice. Your numbers are pretty much dead on now with the mods you have. A/F is dead on too.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:32 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

yeah those are nice numbers, thanks for
the update
Old 08-17-2007, 01:54 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Glad you are happy with the dyno tune and the A/F and numbers have improved
Old 08-17-2007, 03:13 AM
Mach
3rd Gear Member

Thats good to know, Im getting my first dyno done on saturday, so I should prolly be somewhere just below that.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:09 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Sutton is suppose to know their stuff....glad it worked out for you!
Old 08-17-2007, 08:08 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

Very nice. Your numbers are pretty much dead on now with the mods you have. A/F is dead on too.
so are his 3.73 dropping his RWHP.....very nice numbers with your setup...congrats...just curious...as Mine was 300.8 with same mods and 304 torque...without the gear change....
Old 08-17-2007, 08:13 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Custom Dyno Tune Results (Dyno Sheet Attached)

ORIGINAL: JGT

Some of you may have read my post a while back after I got my car dyno'd and only put down 265 rwhp and 267 rwtq (with quite a few bolt ons). I was also running lean at 13.6. Here is the post:

https://mustangforums.com/m_3503396/tm.htm

Well, I got a custom dyno tune today and managed to put down 284 rwhp and 305 rwtq with the exact same mods (and a nice 13.0 A/F). As they always say, different day, different dyno, so who knows, but I am definitely much happier with these results. I think this is about where I should be with an automatic. I would have loved to been one of the automatics that puts down in the 290s with these mods, but after that initial scare, I will take what I've got.

Here is the mod list again:
C&L Cold Air Intake
American Racing Longtube Headers & Catted H-Pipe
Borla Stingers
Steeda Underdrive Pulleys
FRPP 3.73 Gears
Custom Dyno Tune

It was about 90 degrees when I got the first dyno and about 80 when I got the second. These numbers were all SAE corrected, but I've been told it can still have an effect, so that might have made up some of the difference. Some also thought the first dyno run might have been done incorrectly, which I was never able to confirm, so again this could be an explanation for the large difference. Whatever the case, I can definitely feel a difference, and nothing can replace that peace of mind I now feel that the car is tuned the safe and best way.

[IMG]local://upfiles/49501/C4EE9C4618C3454BB579CDC495F7CDDD.jpg[/IMG]
looks great....however after looking at your sheet, I do have a question...do you know if the dyno guy...locked you out in 4th or did he do the run in 3rd...the reason I ask is he would have to had put in a tune that locks you into 4th gear (Drive without OD and no downshifting) ...or by the looks of the smooth line (No drop in the graph) he tested you in 3rd....otherwise if he did in 4th with O/D turned off yet not locked into 4th only you would see a drop in the graph early on (The car downshifting) just curious..did he lock you in 4th? or did he run in 3rd..
Old 08-17-2007, 04:55 PM
chp2150
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Custom Dyno Tune Results (Dyno Sheet Attached)

The first thing to look for on a dyno run for NA cars is, do the HP and Torque curves cross at 5250 RPM. If they don't you've got some problems with the way the dyno was set up. I've had mine done at two seperate places, and the curves were a joke. You know what they say about arguing with idiots. There is only one more dyno shop here in the area (next closest is 200+ miles away) Maybe shop #3 knows what he is doing. I haven't felt like spinning the wheel of fortune to find out yet.javascript:void(AddText('[:@]'))

The second set of curves looks great!javascript:void(AddText(''))
Old 08-17-2007, 05:02 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

ORIGINAL: ohsixgt1217

so are his 3.73 dropping his RWHP.....very nice numbers with your setup...congrats...just curious...as Mine was 300.8 with same mods and 304 torque...without the gear change....
Gears have 0 impact on HP.

As to the difference between yours and his, different dyno different results.

Ive been on a dyno-jet and put down 465 hp 494 torque
And on a mustang dyno put down 412 hp 445 torque (both on spray of course!)

I know for a fact my car is nowhere near the dyno-jet numbers, but they are nice to see!

It all comes down to different dyno different day, thats it.

Quick Reply: Custom Dyno Tune Results (Dyno Sheet Attached)