Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center Console Color...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 05:41 PM
raubt
4th Gear Member

Default Center Console Color...

I searched, and not much came up, so does anyone know if there's any way to change the color of the lighting behind the center console buttons? Is it theoretically possible to take the console apart and put a colored film on the back of the buttons or something like that so they light up in a color other than green? The color is evenly distributed as it is, so I'm assuming there's just a green film or whatever on them right now, and I'd like to switch out the interior bulbs to match my blue my-color setting, and it'd be nice to switch the button colors to the same thing.

Has anyone done this, or heard of anyone doing this?
Old 08-17-2007, 06:04 PM
REMMustang05
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Center Console Color...

they are probably LED's You would have to take it apart.. unsolder the green led's and solder in what ever color you want but you wouldnt be able to change the color on the fly
Old 08-17-2007, 06:50 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Its quite involved and not just changing a bulb out i think...someone else had this idea and it ended up into a 2-3 page thread but i dont think he ever did it because of the labor involved
Old 08-18-2007, 11:50 AM
Boozshey
5th Gear Member

I have never taken them apart to see what is lighting them up. Wether it's a green LED or a green film. If it's a green film that would be the easiest. Just get rid of the film and color the light with a Blue Sharpie. It will change the color to Blue. If it's a Green LED then you are getting into a pretty time consuming mess with replacing the entire LED. I wouldn't imagine the light being a regular bulb though, that just wouldn't make any sense.