Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This may be a dumb question but....

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 10:39 AM
UK PONY
2nd Gear Member

Default This may be a dumb question but....

I recall reading in one thread on this forum (maybe in the convertible tech) that if Ford issues a TSB you can have the dealer fix the issue under warranty before it becomes a problem on your car.

The stealership where I bought my '05 from says that they can only fix things under warranty if the fault shows up on my car.

I have very little trust in my stealership so they may be full of BS but I'd like something more to go at them with than "I don't believe you, you BS'ers".

Can anyone provide something a little more concrete, I guess either way?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:50 AM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

Default RE: This may be a dumb question but....

Generally, they only fix things that need fixing..........makes sense, no?
Old 08-18-2007, 10:53 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

They only fix it if you had the problem.....with 25+ tsbs out there for our cars alone and if we all went if for them even if we didnt have the problem....ford would be out of business and you would have to wait weeks to get your car in for the repairs. If you dont have the problem you should not expect them to replace the part or fix something that isnt broke......a recall on the other hand is fix reguardless of if it is a problem or not
Old 08-18-2007, 11:04 AM
UK PONY
2nd Gear Member

I know that makes sense - the reason I asked was that there appears to be a rising number of problems with the '05 roof mechanisms breaking for no good reason & without warning. Mine is my fun car so doesn't cover many Km's per year (Bought it new, July '05 & as of today it has 13,001 km's on the clock), with only a year of warranty left my concern is not to have the roof break in August '08 when it's my problem not Fords.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:09 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

extended warranty....they might cover TSB out of warranty....depends on the problem and how much work involved.....the the roof has a possibility of coming off when driving they might fix that more so than the ebrake sticking
Old 08-18-2007, 11:28 AM
wildabouthorses
2nd Gear Member

I had my emergency brake problem fixed, I went to the dealership with the TBS in hand and they fixed it saying this is the first one they have done withthis particular fix.

Probably did help hubby pulled in with the brake frozen when it happened to him during a winter day. At that time they just said sit and let the car thaw out there in their pull in garageso it would work again. I then did a search and found this was something that could be fixed. Sometimes you have to knock em over the head to get something fixed that they aren't aware of. I had them fix my inside trunk light that wasn't working. In the end they found out my computer was bad and the light bulb was fine. Replaced the computer (smart moduale I think they called it) and not only did my light work, it fixed a couple other minor problems I wasn't aware of until I saw the changes happening. I had gone back and asked them is this the way this something or other is supposed to be as it changed after you put the new computer in. I forget already what the changeswere they were so minor. One big change though is I have running lights, only 05 Mustang around here that has that LOL! They told me they could disable that but I said I like it so leave it alone.

In your case they aren't going to replace something that hasn't broke yet.
Old 08-18-2007, 11:39 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

you must have gotten a canadian car
Old 08-19-2007, 11:07 PM
UK PONY
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

you must have gotten a canadian car
Erm - yes...but then I live in Canada.....