Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My paint match not perfect ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 07:50 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Default My paint match not perfect ...

Since I got my car back my eyes won't stop looking at my passenger 1/4. It is a lighter shade of yellow and is the only panel on the car that is still 100% factory paint. ... I took it back to the body shop today and they said they didn't see it. I am a perfectionist so to me it sticks out like a sore thumb. The told me to let it cure for a few weeks and the new yellow paint will lighten more. If I still think it's a problem they told me to bring it back then. Will the yellow actually lighten as it cures ... or are they pulling my leg? I have a feeling in a few weeks it will be back in the spray booth painting the 1/4 panel.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:59 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Default RE: My paint match not perfect ...

Post a pic let us see it.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:03 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Well .. here is the only picture I have right now since it is dark here. It is hi-res ... but I don't think the subtle color difference shows up on a camera.

HiRes Mustang

Old 08-20-2007, 08:03 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

It will take the paint 60-90 days to fully cure. If that will lighten it up enough no one can say. My hood lightened up and it ended up being perfect.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:05 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

OKay iam just going to let you know Chances are if you bring it back again it will not only **** the guy off and it might come out worse he did you a favor look at your car! Its so sweet. Is it really that big of a diff i cant tell in the picture.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:06 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: americaniron

It will take the paint 60-90 days to fully cure. If that will lighten it up enough no one can say. My hood lightened up and it ended up being perfect.
So did it stick out like a sore thumb to you and did nobody else even notice it? I just want to make sure I should give them the benefit of the doubt and give it a while. Did you bring your's back to the bodyshop and point out the hood? Did they tell you the same thing? Thanks ..
Old 08-20-2007, 08:09 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dmhines

So did it stick out like a sore thumb to you and did nobody else even notice it? I just want to make sure I should give them the benefit of the doubt and give it a while. Did you bring your's back to the bodyshop and point out the hood? Did they tell you the same thing? Thanks ..
Let me ask you, why has the whole car been painted but the pass qtr still in factory paint?
Old 08-20-2007, 08:12 PM
dmhines
5th Gear Member

Due to the extent of the damage due to a car wreck. The only original panels are roof, decklid and driver door and 1/4 panel. It looks like tried to blend the driver door but blended too much and just about painted the entire thing. I think that's why I see a color difference between the door and 1/4.

ORIGINAL: fairlane292

ORIGINAL: dmhines

Let me ask you, why has the whole car been painted but the pass qtr still in factory paint?
Old 08-20-2007, 08:14 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Are you guessing or is this what the body shop guy told you?
Old 08-20-2007, 08:19 PM
8178A
3rd Gear Member

With a partial painted yellow car I expect you will be back for a complete paint job.

Quick Reply: My paint match not perfect ...