Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stang crashed / Heart crushed

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 11:29 PM
cnapsys
2nd Gear Member

Default Stang crashed / Heart crushed

You never think this could happen to you.
Heading back home after stopping by the mall Saturday evening.
My wife is driving. Wet road. Car started to fish tail. She lost control. We hit the concrete divider full front at 60mph.
The airbags deployed instantly and luckily no one was hurt. Not even one scratch.
The whole front of the car is a mess. Looks like a freakin' pile of rubish.
I filed the claim with Allstate and waiting for an inspector to take a look at it.
My questions are:
Do you guys think the after market stuff will be covered by the insurance?
Could theyconsider totaling it?
If they decide that it can be fixed... how does this work???
Will they take it to a shop that will be able to fix everything?
What I'm trying to say is that except for a few things in that car that are still stock, everything else is upgrades.
How does this work.
I'm a big mess right now and can't think really straight. All that keeps me from going crazy is the fact that no one got injured and no other damage was done to anyone or anything else.
What should I do? Do I need to talk to the insurance inspector? Will they allow me to talk to him?
Or does he just take a look saying that it can be fixed for 10 grand and that's it?
Only the aftermarket parts are well worth over 10K. (not considering labor).
I'm all messed up
Old 08-20-2007, 11:33 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Stang crashed / Heart crushed

say it isn't so
Old 08-20-2007, 11:36 PM
07BeastGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cnapsys

My wife is driving. Wet road. Car started to fish tail. She lost control. We hit the concrete divider full front at 60mph.
The airbags deployed instantly and luckily no one was hurt. Not even one scratch.
Mistake .
Good thing no one was injured though.
Good luck.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:41 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

They will not/should not cover aftermarket parts....if you put a s/c on it and then wreck the call, they shouldnt pay for the s/c IMO.....but it will depend on the insurance really. Sorry to see it happen, I do thin they will total the car if the engine is banged to hell also
Old 08-20-2007, 11:42 PM
MartyMoose
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cnapsys

You never think this could happen to you.
The whole front of the car is a mess. Looks like a freakin' pile of rubish.
I filed the claim with Allstate and waiting for an inspector to take a look at it.
My questions are:
Do you guys think the after market stuff will be covered by the insurance?
Could theyconsider totaling it?
If they decide that it can be fixed... how does this work???
Will they take it to a shop that will be able to fix everything?
What I'm trying to say is that except for a few things in that car that are still stock, everything else is upgrades.
How does this work.
I'm a big mess right now and can't think really straight. All that keeps me from going crazy is the fact that no one got injured and no other damage was done to anyone or anything else.
What should I do? Do I need to talk to the insurance inspector? Will they allow me to talk to him?
Or does he just take a look saying that it can be fixed for 10 grand and that's it?
Only the aftermarket parts are well worth over 10K. (not considering labor).
I'm all messed up
No, Allstate will not cover any aftermarket mods. I wrecked my '01 back in December '01 and yes, they did replace mods at that time. However, Allstate has changed their policy and will not reimburse for any aftermarket. You had to list them for Allstate to get the mods covered in the insurance - here's the caveat - list your mods and watch your rates go up.

Sorry for bearing the news; I hope for you that the worst they offer is returning it to stock - if repairable. Glad to hear you guys are okay, though.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

well in another treat they said that afthermarket stuff are not cover by the insurance if you dont tell them that you have it in your car, before you crash or get into any treoble

[/align]
Old 08-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Humboldt Stang
3rd Gear Member

Glad to hear no one was hurt.
Insurance is unlikely to cover aftermarket parts.
You can have it repaired wherever you want.
If you get high enough estimates that don't make the insurance company decide to total it, you might have a bit extra to put back some of the aftermarket parts.
If they total it, you might be able to then buy it back, and restore it.
Sometimes they won't let you do that though.

Good luck.
Old 08-20-2007, 11:50 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

does anybody know if 21st century cover any afthermarket body parts or mods??

[/align]
Old 08-21-2007, 12:05 AM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

allstate is one of the hardest companies to get to pay for anything, even when they are supposed. my father told me this, and recently a friend of mine has been havingvery serious issues with them, so it seems to be true. i feel awful that this happened to you, im glad you guys are ok tho. this weekend i was so bummed about my gears and driveshaft being ruined by a bad install, and the d!ckhead shop owner refusing to own up to it. i kept telling myself that my car is ruined, and i lost sleep over it. deep down tho, i knew things could be worse for me, and sure enough. but hey man, its only a car, at least youall still have your health, and its good that you realize that.
Old 08-21-2007, 12:06 AM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

First of all, CALM DOWN.

Think straight. Its a car. Yes, a car. A non-living object that is no better than a computer, phone or garage door opener.

Do we love our cars? Sure we do. Just like we love the paint on our living room walls, our favorite shirt, and our favorite TV show. Hey, if that paint peels you repaint it. If your shirt fades then you just wear it at home. If your tv show is off the air then you get the DVD season...

And if you put a dent, large dent, or bunch of dents in a car then you get them repaired. If it cant be repaired then you get a different car.

Ok, I sound like an idiot... But the point is you need to remember that life was fine before the car and life will be fine after it or during its repair. The lives around you are still ok and many many cars and homes will pass in time, all you need to care about is those lives are still there during it.

Quick Reply: Stang crashed / Heart crushed