Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not Again!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2007, 05:51 PM
rrobello
2nd Gear Member

Default Not Again!

Apparently the car gods hate me. Yesterday I got that lame ticket from the meter maid for my tint and front plate while my car was parked at a dealership and today on my way home from SW Customs I was rearended. It was on the 57S at 2:32pm just North of Placentia. Stop and go traffic, traffic stopped so did I; the guy in the white expedition behind me didnt. Didnt appear to even slow down. It was a Southern California Edison work truck, so if anyone knows how to deal with them in speeding up the process Id love any pointers you can give. Ive already called twice and can only leave messages as they have no one answering the phones. The damage: scratches across the bumper both the back and top just below the trunk, some paint removed from the edge that runs along the bottom of the license plate opening, that opening is bent, dented and paint rippled, paint chipped off the license plate letters, plate is bent, and so is the license plate frame. Basically I need a new bumper. Tried taking pics but the damage doesnt show up well enough to post since the car is black and shiny and it the dents and bends are just refracting the light causing odd reflections that look like a bad pic instead of damage.

Jeez.....Once more into the breech I suppose!
Old 08-21-2007, 10:35 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Not Again!

Sorry to hear about the troubles. Try using a flash and take the pictures at an angle.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:39 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Damn 1st theives and now this? At least you had that hot *** jessica pose with your stang.
Old 08-21-2007, 10:50 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

man whats up with everybody crashing or getting their cars crashed lately. i guess im gonna start driving slowly now

[/align]
Old 08-21-2007, 11:04 PM
BAMFstang
3rd Gear Member

Did you call the police and make a report? Turn it in to your insurance and they will get through to them.

If you didn't get a report, good luck getting them to take care of it.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:54 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rrobello

Apparently the car gods hate me. Yesterday I got that lame ticket from the meter maid for my tint and front plate while my car was parked at a dealership and today on my way home from SW Customs I was rearended. It was on the 57S at 2:32pm just North of Placentia. Stop and go traffic, traffic stopped so did I; the guy in the white expedition behind me didnt. Didnt appear to even slow down. It was a Southern California Edison work truck, so if anyone knows how to deal with them in speeding up the process Id love any pointers you can give. Ive already called twice and can only leave messages as they have no one answering the phones. The damage: scratches across the bumper both the back and top just below the trunk, some paint removed from the edge that runs along the bottom of the license plate opening, that opening is bent, dented and paint rippled, paint chipped off the license plate letters, plate is bent, and so is the license plate frame. Basically I need a new bumper. Tried taking pics but the damage doesnt show up well enough to post since the car is black and shiny and it the dents and bends are just refracting the light causing odd reflections that look like a bad pic instead of damage.

Jeez.....Once more into the breech I suppose!
Your car was obviously parked on the street, no? If not, car dealership lotsare not enforcable for parking/registration/other cites, since they are private property, and therefore not enforceable unless posted, under Calif. Code.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:17 AM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

First of all, what a little b1tch meter maid. Seriously, that is a lame ticket- front license plate and tint.

Regarding the Edison truck thing, hopefully you got all the info, including their insurance carrier. Also, should have gotten the name and number of the driver's supervisor, so you can call and harass somebody if your claim isn't being expediently/satisfactorily handled.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:48 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

Geeze. Again I notice you posting the exact same thing on multiple forums. I guess it's much easier to cut and paste than to actually write more than one thing.http://www.lamustangclub.com/forums/...ad.php?t=17363You did this twice within the last two weeks about the Agent 47 crap as well.