Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Mustangs with tunes

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 03:30 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Auto Mustangs with tunes

brenspeed has the best customer service no one will argue against that.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:54 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

I got mine from Brenspeed. Im happy with it, but Ill probably be getting a dyno tune from VMP here pretty soon so ya. Ive heard EVO and B a m a have really nice tunes as well. Honestly... Ive never even heard of "Alternative Auto"...
Old 08-22-2007, 06:17 PM
MexGT
5th Gear Member

I've tried brenspeed, VMP amd B@ma Race.

B@ma and VMP are quite similar, but i feel Dougs tune pulls a tad stronger at high speeds.
1.- Dougs
2.- Justin
3.- Brents
Old 08-22-2007, 06:43 PM
7STANG
99GTverts minion

I know I don't have an Auto but I will say Alternative Auto anyway. Lidio is well known for his tunes.
Old 08-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

^^^ yeah thats what i hear so thats why im torn between VMP, alt Auto and now brenspeed. if im gonna shell out 400 for a tune and programmer i want to get the right one. i guess ill have to email lidio and ask him some questions. VMP had a very impressive dyno chart, with exaust and intake he made 210 at the wheels or something close to that. thats pretty damn good! but i know rmays06 has a tune by lidio and his car pulls like crazy, he also had 3.73 and a t lok but still. AHH I DONT KNOW! i think im gonna go with vmp. seems like a safe bet.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:50 AM
hogpowr
3rd Gear Member

I am SOLD on www.brenspeed.com , they are awesome. My last auto GT was the fastest s197 I have ever had, when the tach hit 3600 rpm you had to hang on for dear life, that car PULLED HARD!! Now I have never had anything but tunes from Brenspeed, and modular depot, so I can't compare to others. I don't know anything about their v-6 tunes, call and talk to Brent, he will point you in the right direction.
Old 08-23-2007, 10:18 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

modular depot is the stock canned tunes.....
Old 08-23-2007, 10:46 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

Well, I know nothing about V6 tunes, but I will tell you this... Dougs (BA MA)93 Perf tune for Auto GT's is awesome. I have been driving like a maniac for the last few weeks... the car pulls so hard at 3000+ now. Doug is also a great guy, very busy, but willing to answer questions. My advice is not to e-mail him, give him a call and he'll walk you through everything. Also, you guys are missing a key ingredient here, Doug will update your tunes for free!!!! So, when you decide to throw UDP's and gears on, you give doug a call and he'll update the tune, so evenif you bought them from Joe Shmoe on the corner, he'll do it for free. (Brenspeed for instance will charge you if you didnt buy the mods from him.... Im not knocking brenspeed, Ive heard nothing but good things from his website, service, and tunes)
Old 08-23-2007, 11:03 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

BTW....you dont need to retune for gears or udps....you can change the gears on your own through a setting in the Xcal or Predator and the pullies have nothing to do with tuning
Old 08-23-2007, 11:10 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

BTW....you dont need to retune for gears or udps....you can change the gears on your own through a setting in the Xcal or Predator and the pullies have nothing to do with tuning
Correct, I was just giving a for instance. Hows this... the car will need to be retuned if you but delete plates!!!!

Quick Reply: Auto Mustangs with tunes