Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Mustangs with tunes

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

Default Auto Mustangs with tunes

So im about ready to order my xcalII with a custom tune. now the part that im stuck on is which company to order it from. right now the two that im looking at is a custom tune from VMP ( 93 performance tune) and im also looking at Alternative Autos custom tune/ tuner package. They are both the same price, but which one do you guys think will be best for my car with my mods right now. im leaning towards vmp but i know alternative auto works wonders with tunes aswell. what do you all think?
Old 08-22-2007, 11:30 AM
drbobvs
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Auto Mustangs with tunes

You're a 5th gear member and you still don't know to get your auto tune from Brenspeed or B A M A??? You must be joking!
Old 08-22-2007, 11:35 AM
2005StangGT
2nd Gear Member

B A M A ftw! A friend of mine who had an 05 GT stick drove my car the other day and said had he known what a tune and CAI would do for the auto he would have gotten an auto instead....
Old 08-22-2007, 11:35 AM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

ha well now that its about time to get it i want to get some opinions from other people, 400 isnt a number i want to mess around with. just gettin some opinions.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Va. Stang
3rd Gear Member

Brenspeed....Great customer service....Great price.....Everything works. What more do you want!
Old 08-22-2007, 11:38 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I am running brenspeeds tune and am quite happy.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:43 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Glad I am not the only one that has questions about a tune for the automatic..........from everything I hear B A M A seems to do very well with custom tunes for the AT........however I have heard nothing but good things about Evolution and Brenspeed........I suppose you just have to talk to others that actually have them and go from there..........I was leaning towards B A M A, but I have also heard he is a very busy man....maybe even spread a little too thin. Now I am thinking I should just go with Fred at Evolution and be done with it. Let me know how it turns out for you!
s ~
Old 08-22-2007, 11:51 AM
drtuba
2nd Gear Member

I am running a 93 performance tune from VMP in my '06 V6 auto and couldnt be happier. Throttle lag is gone. I even did a MPG average for the8 tanks of gas that preceeded and averaged 20.04 MPG .I am now on my 7th tank after getting the tune and I am averaging 21.56 MPG. I did these calculations the old fashioned way of miles driven/gallons used. Although I calculated the onboard computer to be only .25MPG off. I highly recommend VMP. Justin stayed open late for me to come in and pick up the tuner. Good service.

[IMG]local://upfiles/46064/4D76F44A5AAC4560814F0EC6FFC2578F.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-22-2007, 11:51 AM
JimC

I'm very happy with the tuning from Lidio at Alternative Auto - I don't know if he does mail order though anymore. Maybe you'll have to drive up here and visit us here at "home" in Michiganand see Lidio.
He probably doesn't have the most aggressive tune, but the performance is great. I plan to get my car back in for a custom tuning by Lidio soon - we ran out of time with Woodward Dream Cruise and trying to get my car and all the other cars ready (and my wife needed her car back earlier than expected so I had to pick mine up a day early from Lidio so custom tune is delayed, he only had time to do a quick update to my tune- gives me a chance to see how the new 3.73's and Tlok affect my track times first).
Old 08-22-2007, 03:12 PM
Dwisforme05
5th Gear Member

thanks for all the input guys, as of now i think im pretty set on vmp. seems like a safe bet. my second choice will be brenspeed, because it seems that alot of people are very satisfied with them. thanks!

Quick Reply: Auto Mustangs with tunes