Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Other than Mustangs...What do you do???

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 11:49 AM
bazguitarman
2nd Gear Member

Default Other than Mustangs...What do you do???

Since I`m relatively new to this forum I thought I would try and find out a little bit about other members. Especially considering auto oriented forums do a lot of social oriented stuff like rod runs, car shows, road trips, tuner get togethers, races, etc. It`s nice to know a little bit about people in case you are ever face to face with them and run out of Mustang oriented topics to talk about.

I know all of you guys have other aspects of your lives that are interesting. Other hobbies, interests, careers, family, etc. Let`s hear about them.

Of course you can tell from my screen name that I`m a musician. I`m a pretty talented metal guitarist. I`ve been playing for a "few" years and have pretty much oriented my whole life around music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQNZ74NDfAg

I`m married and have two boys who are gifted athletes. My wife is a former trauma nurse who now works for Colgate/Palmolive. My only other hobby is collecting high end tactical knives. I have about $7K invested in a nice little collection that showcases some of the best tactical designs in the world.

My love of fast cars goes back to the 70`s. My dad was a major influence with his tales of terrorizing the east coast in a `63 split window coupe with various fuel injected small blocks. I fell in love with the Mustang GT while in highschool in the mid 80`s. Looking back I would say the LX 5.0 coupe was my first love. Now many years later I`m preparing to realize my dreams of owning a beautiful and fast Mustang GT.

So lets hear what you guys are all about....

Eric
Old 08-22-2007, 12:09 PM
2005StangGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Other than Mustangs...What do you do???

There are other parts of life besides Mustangs??? j/k.

I'm 29, and have a BS in Mechanical Engineering (West Virginia Tech) and working on a Masters in Systems Analysis (Naval Postgraduate School) and work for the Defense Department. My other hobby is amateur radio (extra class)but haven't been very active lately due to being busy with work and shcool. Got hooked on cars as a teenager with a 78 Mercury Zyphr (Fox Body) with a 302 in it. Bought a townhouse in November of last year and decided in February that I needed more debt so I traded in a payed off 03 Crown Vic on the -05 GT :-P
Old 08-22-2007, 12:10 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

Married, 2 kids. Like music and working with my hands. I'm a Clinical Neurophysiologist in in the epilepsy center at a prominent children's hospital.. I used to have hobbies.. but work and family take up most of my time now. My family.. my work.. my car.. In that order.
I spend a lot of my free time (30 minutes or so a week) cleaning my car.. it's theraputic. There's nothing like a freshly waxed black mustang.. just so damn sexy!
Old 08-22-2007, 12:12 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Iam a freshman in college goingfor automotive engineeringand like computers, games, and mustang chicks.Oh yeah iwork at Circuit city.[&:]
Old 08-22-2007, 12:16 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

I work in the auto industry - in a way. No, I don't build them, or fix them, or professionally drive them, but I do regulate them as a Gubment Technocrat for NHTSA.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:20 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

52 y/o electrical engineer, worked nuclear power for almost 30 years, got the sh*tZ of it and now am doing some D.O.E. work. Divorced and loving getting laid more in 1 week singlethan I did in 1 year married. 2 boys; 1 just graduated Penn State (hence the new Stang!) and the other is starting his 3rd year of college.

I own 2 bass boats and I fish when I'm not working, driving or screwing. Life is good!

Rick
[sm=smiley34.gif]
Old 08-22-2007, 12:22 PM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

29, BA in business mgmt from Cal State Fullerton, and certificate in environmental mgmt from UC Irvine. I do environmental consulting. I wish I was a rock star lol, but I somehow stopped playing guitar a year or so ago. I live in OC, CA.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:33 PM
partsbill
3rd Gear Member

47, married with 2 kids, been selling parts for the largest Ford parts dept in the country accordingto Ford Motor Company (6.5 million dollar inventory) since 1985, live in beautiful South Florida, and when I'm not fishing or involved in some sort of family activity you'll find me cruising along A1A on the ocean on my bike.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:44 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

In school, finishing a bachelors in computer science soon. Working for a credit union service organization as an AIX system engineer. Very serious with my girlfriend, planning to propose sometime near graduation. My hobbies are obviously my car, video gaming, and PC overclocking.

The mods I do to my car don't happen as often as I'd like because I'm paying $2500+ every month for tuition. That is where most of my money goes to right now. But, after I'm done with school I'll have the benefit of not having any school loans.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:50 PM
Astral Dragon

37 yrs old and married with 1 boy. Been working for an Architectural firm for the last yr - working towards a Electrical Designer position.2-1/2 yrs of College as an Art major ... when I was younger I had my eye on cartoonist or artist. Been married for 2 years now this coming Sept 3rd. I lurk Mustang boards and gaming forums, play guitar (electrical and acoustic), huge gamer ... computer games and PS2 mostly. I used to be real heavy into motorcycles 10-15 years ago for a long time but after my accident (screwed up my back) I haven't gotten onto a bike since.

Other than that I spend most of my time with my family and friends just hanging out.

Quick Reply: Other than Mustangs...What do you do???