Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

never thought it would actually happen...

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 05:10 PM
chain1
4th Gear Member

Default RE: never thought it would actually happen...

Sorry to hear it but I REALLY don't understand the 22k truck. Am I missing something here? Somebody help me out......
Old 08-22-2007, 05:16 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nkx1

First of all, I hope you aren't serious about skipping college because of a family squabble. You're just screwing yourself. Unless you have something extraordinary to market, or have an amazing business idea, it makes absolutely no sense not to go to college. You'll have way more opportunities if you go to college, and very few if you skimp on college. I know of few desireable jobs that don't require a college degree. Plus, anything you can do without a college degree, you can do with one. It obviously doesn't work the other way around though.
Very well said.

The job market today is very competitive and many employers will not consider you without a college degree. Older generations did not need a college degree, but in today’s job market a college degree is barely a prerequisite for a good job. A high school diploma will not open many doors bud.

We have all have had troubles in our lives and all have had to make sacrifices. Although it is quite embarrassing, when I was in college, I drove a beat up Toyota Tercel for 2 years (and I still pimped chicks). I could not afford another car because I had to pay tuition. Now I can purchase any car I want. My point is don’t just consider the near-term and look ahead to the future.

Old 08-22-2007, 05:27 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

That's a sweet looking stang, too bad.

Is the car in his name?If so then you have a problem.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:57 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

thanks for the input guys.. i hear what all of you are saying, and about a beater, i have had some ppl say i should do that also.. the thing with that, is im going to need a descent, running truck 2 years from now regardless.. if i buy a beater, im going to have to pay for a truck, then, with nuthign to trade in, and be paying the full price.. and on top of that, i will be trying to open up a shop, and be paying all kind of other important things..

i allready found a truck for 16k.. 50k miles and blah blah.. if they put this car payment on me, im trading in/selling.. i cant pay that money for that, and then in two years have to get rid of it with no kind of value, and be paying more..

the car is under my name, and the credit is under my name.. its alll me..

my mom just told me that i can possibly stay, here.. but again, its the 7k due on the car that is the biggie..

and i know thats not alot for a brand new GT.. but i cant afford to be in a new GT with any kind of payment if sh.t hits the fan.. so i will have to get into somehting that suits my needs, and is paid off..

thanks for the support guys..
-GTstang
Old 08-22-2007, 06:44 PM
EskimoPie
1st Gear Member

What kind of truck did you find?
Old 08-22-2007, 06:53 PM
mustangballer20
3rd Gear Member

ill give you 16k for it lol haha
Old 08-22-2007, 06:58 PM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

Take it from an old guy (and father)...figure out a way to get a college degree...you'll never regret it!!!
Old 08-22-2007, 07:12 PM
GTstangB.F.D.M.
5th Gear Member

the truck is actually really descent.. its a dodge \= ram 1500 5.7 liter, grey like my car, and already has a 4 inch lift, and brand new 35's.. just what im looking for if i get into a truck.. 50,000 mi. and looks perfect inside and out..

im considering this truck wether i get stuck with the car payment or not.. only because i think it would good to get back into a truck.. i wont spend so much money on it like i do wiht the car.. i would just re-gear bc with te 35's and lift it lags a little bit.. but other than that.. its allready got the tires and lift..

i dunno whats happening anymore.. if i do get out of the stang.. im realllllly going to miss it, the good times i had in it, this site and all you guys for sure!.. and most of all.. the feelin you get when you see another mustang owner look over at your stang as you go by and he waves or revs at you.. the brotherhood of the stangs will be forever, and if i get out of this, i will be back in one day for sure.. but proll wiht a classic, or an older body, that i can work on more..

and about this brother hood.. thats what my entire member name stands for..

Its.. GT stang B.rothers F.rom D.ifferent M.others

I LOVE YOU GUYS!..
im kidding, im not gay or wierd... but seriously tho, thanks for the help and concern

GTstang
Old 08-22-2007, 07:14 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

+1 ilmor
Old 08-22-2007, 07:31 PM
cam2904
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

Ever think of enlisting? Money, free education, pensionand a place to live!
I would really think about that and you will definitly have money. You can also go to school, after you complete Basic and AIT. Depending what field you go into you can have a start over other people with the same job.

Quick Reply: never thought it would actually happen...