Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vert worth it? Topless or not

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 08:14 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

Default RE: Vert worth it? Topless or not

ORIGINAL: Mudbus

ORIGINAL: Stkjock

err, right then....btw - your village called, their idiot is missing.
[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

These cars are sexy as hell in a vert.... I get stares and thumbs up not to mention the "cool" car or "nice ride" type comments all the time......
Ya but sexy as hell to who? And what kind are you getting these "nice ride" comments from? Read between the lines tiger.

All kinds of people..... from guys and girls......no lines to read between here my sexually repressed friend.....
Old 08-26-2007, 09:06 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

FIRST POST IN THIS THREAD-

ORIGINAL: daveyb420

I have been reading alot of threads on this forum, some very good info. For anyone thats had a vert, is it worth the xtra coin? I really like the black vert, but the safety thing kinda worries me for a rollover. I'm like 6'2, not sure if I can duck under it like the other guy who wrecked his did.

Anyway would like some opinions on the vert GT. I test drove one and dirt was flying in my eyes. But the car was sitting waaaaay back in the sold lot caked in dirt. He said it was black, i said i dont think so. Was tungsten or something, just filthy though. Brand new at like $36,000, I lol'ed at that price.
Would everybody get back to answering the OP's original question??? If you wanna talk about the sexual orientation of members, please visit Off-Topic
Old 08-26-2007, 09:50 AM
gatkins94
2nd Gear Member

Here's the way I would look at it.....SAME $$$$$ - Convertable? or Hardtop (With a supercharger)?
Old 08-26-2007, 09:57 AM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Thanks, I will go for the last word; as you said, read the posts. I never posted anything about class, that was someone else. I just pointed out your comment about how that post insulted GT coupe owners and asked for clarification on why it was only insulting to GT owners. Does this imply V6's can't be bad ***? Or does this mean V6's can't be classless? No pissing contest, just trying to clarify.
ORIGINAL: richmod

ORIGINAL: beaustang

Yes I read your post, did you? You said "If you think only classless people drive bad *** GT's you've insulted a lot of people......
See where someone might think you're talking about GT's being the bad *** cars in question?

So are you saying only a coupe and only a GT coupe can be bad ***? If so you've just insulted about 70% of all Mustang owners.
What is your definition of "bad ***"? A bunch of scoops and stripes? Please clarify.

ORIGINAL: Tri C
Might that be because class and bad a$$ are mutually exclusive?
What does class have to do with it? If you think only classless people drive bad a$$ GT's, you've just insulted alot of people on these boards. I'll assume you were kidding.

Perhaps I should rephrase: I've never seen a bad a$$ vert that wouldn't look more bad a$$ as a coupe. I like the vert - I came very close to buying one. But I decided that I wanted this car to be the bad a$$ muscle car that I never had when I was younger. And everytime I pictured that car in my head, it was a coupe.
Did you not read my post? I said a bad a$$ vert would look more bad a$$ if it was a coupe, IMO. And I never made the GT differentiation, you did. It has nothing to do with scoops/stripes/etc, of which I have none. It has to do with the overall design of the car, which in my opinion flows better and is more agressive in the coupe. Convertibles just look like half a car to me.

My opinions were all about the car, not the class of those driving it.
Whatever dude, I think I've clarified my opinion, which is thatcoupes are MORE aggressive in appearance than the vert. Just my opinion, everyone's is different. Your class comment has yet to be clarified, and to be honest, I could care less at this point. If it makes you feel better to get the last word in an internet pissing contest, go right ahead.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:02 AM
Route 99
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: daveyb420

I have been reading alot of threads on this forum, some very good info. For anyone thats had a vert, is it worth the xtra coin? I really like the black vert, but the safety thing kinda worries me for a rollover. I'm like 6'2, not sure if I can duck under it like the other guy who wrecked his did.

Anyway would like some opinions on the vert GT. I test drove one and dirt was flying in my eyes. But the car was sitting waaaaay back in the sold lot caked in dirt. He said it was black, i said i dont think so. Was tungsten or something, just filthy though. Brand new at like $36,000, I lol'ed at that price.
I'll second the advice given by exx1976. If you think you would enjoy owning a Mustang convertible, rent one for a week and see how you like it. You might want to consider how your wife or g/f likes riding in it. My wife and I rented a Mustang convertible on a visit to Montana a couple of years ago and loved it. That's why we bought one.

ohnoesaz mentioned that he hates people looking at him in his car. When we're driving our Mustang convertible folks will look at us and wave or give us thumbs up. Others will pull up along side of us at a stop light and start talking about how much they like our Mustang. If this sort of thing make you uncomfortable or you don't like strangers coming up and talking to you, then maybe a Mustang convertible is not for you. Just owning a Mustang period makes people want to talk with you. Folks enjoy talking about their Mustangs they owned years ago, or some woman will say that her first boyfriend used to take her out in his Mustang. People have a lot of good memories associated with Mustangs and they like to share them with you.

Thanks Parva for posting the pictures of the classic convertibles you and your family have owned. I really enjoyed looking at them.

Davey, it's not a question of what's better. It's about what you enjoy driving. Convertibles aren't for everybody. Rent one and drive it for awhile. Then you can make an informed decision.
Old 08-26-2007, 11:15 AM
richmod
4th Gear Member

Thanks, I will go for the last word; as you said, read the posts. I never posted anything about class, that was someone else. I just pointed out your comment about how that post insulted GT coupe owners and asked for clarification on why it was only insulting to GT owners. Does this imply V6's can't be bad ***? Or does this mean V6's can't be classless? No pissing contest, just trying to clarify.

Yes I read your post, did you? You said "If you think only classless people drive bad *** GT's you've insulted a lot of people......
See where someone might think you're talking about GT's being the bad *** cars in question?

So are you saying only a coupe and only a GT coupe can be bad ***? If so you've just insulted about 70% of all Mustang owners.
What is your definition of "bad ***"? A bunch of scoops and stripes? Please clarify.

ORIGINAL: Tri C
Might that be because class and bad a$$ are mutually exclusive?
What does class have to do with it? If you think only classless people drive bad a$$ GT's, you've just insulted alot of people on these boards. I'll assume you were kidding.

Perhaps I should rephrase: I've never seen a bad a$$ vert that wouldn't look more bad a$$ as a coupe. I like the vert - I came very close to buying one. But I decided that I wanted this car to be the bad a$$ muscle car that I never had when I was younger. And everytime I pictured that car in my head, it was a coupe.
Did you not read my post? I said a bad a$$ vert would look more bad a$$ if it was a coupe, IMO. And I never made the GT differentiation, you did. It has nothing to do with scoops/stripes/etc, of which I have none. It has to do with the overall design of the car, which in my opinion flows better and is more agressive in the coupe. Convertibles just look like half a car to me.

My opinions were all about the car, not the class of those driving it.
Whatever dude, I think I've clarified my opinion, which is thatcoupes are MORE aggressive in appearance than the vert. Just my opinion, everyone's is different. Your class comment has yet to be clarified, and to be honest, I could care less at this point. If it makes you feel better to get the last word in an internet pissing contest, go right ahead.
Sorry -shoulda looked more closely - thought you were the person who made the "class" comment. My apologies. As for everything else, don't see the need to repeat myself. Honestly, I'm sure everyone else is just as sick of this nonsense as I am. OP asked for opinions - I gave mine. Don't see any need to debate it. It is what it is.
Old 08-26-2007, 03:59 PM
Tigercat
1st Gear Member

s197 vert best bang for the buck vert out there