Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A little pissed

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 04:39 PM
GT500OC
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: A little pissed

ORIGINAL: nkx1

Just noticed that the stupid dealer attached the front license plate frame via two thick metal screws directly into the front bumper. Needless to say, I'm a little pissed. What would be so hard about letting the customer decide whether or not they would like that done or not, especially given that they sell metal brackets specifically so you dont have to screw into the bumper? Jackasses. The rear license plate is attached via four huge metal screws directly into the bumper also.

I don't know about the '05sand '06s, but the '07s have no indentation for the front license plate, and I was planning on just leaving the front one off for looks. But now I have two huge holes to deal with. Maybe I'll just get some plastic screw covers and paint them silver to cover up the holes. The holes should look great with the clear bra I was planning on installing too[sm=smiley24.gif]
When I got my Shelby, it was the third one in CA at the time, so I never even saw an actual vehicle until I walked in the showroom after it was delivered and it was behind "velvet ropes" and the first thing I saw was that lic plate holder.[sm=badidea.gif] If you bitch enough, they will replace the cover for you, but you need to get irate. They told me it was a CA law, I said BS, I was partially right... You can sign a waiver that says that you told them not to install it, at least in CA. Oh, by the way, they did'nt have one designed for the GT500 when I picked mine up a year ago (imagine that!) and they put on a holder for a GT which did not fit the front bumper correctlyAND it was off center.

GT500OC
Old 08-25-2007, 04:45 PM
GT500OC
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: azstanglover

I'm glad they don't require front plates in Az. I have an 07 V6 and it has a place for the plates in front.
Very few laws in AZ that stop you from having fun, compared to the Republic of CA, it is the wild-wild west. Hell, you can own fully automatic weapons, I'm extreamly jealous!!!

GT500OC
Old 08-25-2007, 04:46 PM
fairlane292
5th Gear Member

The car has dimples to locate the front license plate. The dealer gets two plates, the buyer doesn't say anything, no notation from the buyer on any sales material... ...what do you expect them to do? Had you said something and it was written down you would get a new bumper. If you were counting on them to ask you in this situation then you should be pissed at yourself cause that's about as nieve as one can be.
Old 08-25-2007, 05:49 PM
06tyrfryr
2nd Gear Member

when I picked out my car it did not have it on and when I got home the next morning and walked outside the first thing I saw was that damn plate. talk about pissed I called the dealer, but it didnt do any good. I will just replace the bumper cover one of these days If I find one that I like
Old 08-25-2007, 07:13 PM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT500OC

I'm glad they don't require front plates in Az. I have an 07 V6 and it has a place for the plates in front.
Very few laws in AZ that stop you from having fun, compared to the Republic of CA, it is the wild-wild west. Hell, you can own fully automatic weapons, I'm extreamly jealous!!!

GT500OC
No you can't! It is Federally illegal to have fully automatic weapons. Thay have been illegal since the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. You'd better check Arizona laws again. They categorize them as machine guns, by definition. Here's a link to their laws, which they have few of: http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/AZSL.pdf
Old 08-25-2007, 07:21 PM
ollied
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scotte28516

GT500OC
No you can't! It is Federally illegal to have fully automatic weapons. Thay have been illegal since the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. You'd better check Arizona laws again. They categorize them as machine guns, by definition. Here's a link to their laws, which they have few of: http://www.nraila.org/statelawpdfs/AZSL.pdf
Well you can, the law pertains to manufacture and import of machine (automatic) weapons. You just have to go through ATF process to obtain proper tax stamp. Here is the Fed Law: http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/nfa.htm
Old 08-25-2007, 08:43 PM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

Ha ha, well at least I'm not the only one. Apparently few other people weren't very pleased with that either.

Regarding the law in CA, yes, I know it's a law. However, when you buy a new car, do you get your plates right away? That's right, you don't get them for like six weeks. Therefore, it's pretty pointless, aside from shameless dealer advertising, to drill two huge holes right into bumber just to put a stupid, "I bought my car at xxxx"plate there. And like I stated earlier, there are brackets available so you don't have to drill into the bumper. Oh well, nothing any of us can do about the holes now. I think they make some plastic epoxy filler stuff that I can put in the holes and paint over with touch up paint. It shouldn't look too bad.
Old 08-25-2007, 10:14 PM
jbnetdev
1st Gear Member

man perfect timming on your post. I just got my plates today the sales men was too lazy to install the frames you made me realize there no holes on the bumper thank goodness.I thank you for this Whats the best way to do this i can think of only some sort of glue any suggestions on this please. BTW you have a gorgeous shelby. I wanted yours toroginallly the freaking dealers were hors asking 25 to 30 k over. SO i settled for the GT which im happy with. Bujt you have my dream some day imm goig to have the top mustang like urs
Hope the dealer makes this right for u.

ORIGINAL: nkx1

Just noticed that the stupid dealer attached the front license plate frame via two thick metal screws directly into the front bumper. Needless to say, I'm a little pissed. What would be so hard about letting the customer decide whether or not they would like that done or not, especially given that they sell metal brackets specifically so you dont have to screw into the bumper? Jackasses. The rear license plate is attached via four huge metal screws directly into the bumper also.

I don't know about the '05sand '06s, but the '07s have no indentation for the front license plate, and I was planning on just leaving the front one off for looks. But now I have two huge holes to deal with. Maybe I'll just get some plastic screw covers and paint them silver to cover up the holes. The holes should look great with the clear bra I was planning on installing too[sm=smiley24.gif]
When I got my Shelby, it was the third one in CA at the time, so I never even saw an actual vehicle until I walked in the showroom after it was delivered and it was behind "velvet ropes" and the first thing I saw was that lic plate holder.[sm=badidea.gif] If you bitch enough, they will replace the cover for you, but you need to get irate. They told me it was a CA law, I said BS, I was partially right... You can sign a waiver that says that you told them not to install it, at least in CA. Oh, by the way, they did'nt have one designed for the GT500 when I picked mine up a year ago (imagine that!) and they put on a holder for a GT which did not fit the front bumper correctlyAND it was off center.

GT500OC
[IMG]local://upfiles/76372/504AA88FB81F411E85D426A027249209.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-26-2007, 02:11 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Uh yeah, it may be the law in Calif. that you need a front plate.
I'll wait for the fix-it ticket.

Still amazed I haven't been caught, considering there's so many freakin' photo grabs at intersections

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/99BD60C2F84F48B1B408258503402D41.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ollied

ORIGINAL: Scotte28516

GT500OC

The general public cannot buy and own fully automatic weapons, in any state. He made it sound as though anybody can walk down the street with them just as you legally can with a handgun.
Well you can, the law pertains to manufacture and import of machine (automatic) weapons. You just have to go through ATF process to obtain proper tax stamp. Here is the Fed Law: http://www.atf.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/nfa.htm

Quick Reply: A little pissed