Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turtle ICE

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 06:35 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

Default Turtle ICE

.....is amazing!!! I finally broke down and sprang for some at Wally's. It went on smooth, came off even better. When I applied it, you could feel the "drag" or resistance to the sponge applicator from the microscopic irregularities in the paint. It polished up so fine, that I could see some straps I had hanging on the wall, and you couldn't tell which one was the real thing. The reflection just went right down onto the roof of the car. Un-freaking believable. And, it goes a long way. I should get at least 10 waxes out of the bottle. I'm sold. Probably give me another 2 or 3 top end mph too from less drag.[8D]
Old 08-26-2007, 06:41 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Turtle ICE

Never heard of it. How much?
Old 08-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I used Maguire's Gold the first wax and wasn't too thrilled. Then I tried the ICE and I was sold. So far, it's the best I've used, not the easiest to use (I used the paste) but it DOES look very nice. I'm considering some of the PoorBoy's products.

Rick
[sm=smiley34.gif]
Old 08-26-2007, 07:00 PM
dsavage

I think mine was about 15 bucks a bottle but I did the wifes suv and my vert in about an hour. It was so easy I was sure it would'nt last but a month later and it still beads up. As a bonus,do your mirrors and any other black plastic-looks great. As a hint, I applied mine in the shade and the worst thing about it was I couldn't tell where I had applied it very well. I would put it on in the sun,apply very thin, and have an extra microfiber cloth around. It comes with one but I used another one I had to finish the job.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

I guess I will try it.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:06 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Yeah, they claim you can put it on to hot surfaces and I even got it on black rubber and plastic without the mess of conventional waxes. Darn "nifty"...

Rick
[sm=smiley34.gif]
Old 08-26-2007, 07:23 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I will say its easy to use and doesnt leave any white residue, but I am not sure how good of a protectant it is...i think its more of a in between polish but you should still give it a good wax every so often
Old 08-26-2007, 07:36 PM
GidyupGo
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

I will say its easy to use and doesnt leave any white residue, but I am not sure how good of a protectant it is...i think its more of a in between polish but you should still give it a good wax every so often

Yea I don't know either. We have high UV here at 8000'. I'll see how long it last here. We keep the GT in a garage and the paint is only 5 months old, but you could tell a huge diffence from the finished side compared to the undone one.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:47 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

The ICE detailing spray is excellent as well, as is the car washing soap. Haven't tried the liquid clay bar yet........

Mike
Old 08-26-2007, 09:04 PM
Moonbaby1973
2nd Gear Member

I tried the liquid clay bar on my wifes new car last weekend. She purchased a new Pontiac G6, Steel Grey. There were some hard water spots on the hood and i did not want to risk the dealership screwing up the pain with some amature buff job. The liquid claybar did help, but did not completely remove the spots, even after two applications. I do love the Ice. I am sold on its shine, but i too am a little weary of protection. For overall protection, i plan on sticking with my Duragloss.

Quick Reply: Turtle ICE