Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to do?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Frederick the Great
1st Gear Member

Default What to do?

Alright, so I am currently saving for a blower but want to do mods to my car in the mean time. I am going to do the full exhaust but what should I do about air intake? Since I can't use a cool air intake with my blower (when I get it) I don't want to spend $300. plus dollars on something that will only be on the car for a several months. Should I leave the factory air box in place and by a K+N filter or what? Thanks!
Old 08-26-2007, 10:01 PM
Arwing
5th Gear Member

Default RE: What to do?

Suspension and Brakes!
Old 08-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Frederick the Great
1st Gear Member

I was considering suspension but that doesn't solve my air intake question.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:20 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Gears, susp, shifter, cosmeticsjust to start
Old 08-26-2007, 10:23 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

K&N filter is worthless really.....if you dont want a CAI/tune not then there is nothing else that you can do.....buts its your loss.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:33 PM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Definately get your suspension set up for the supercharger. This is what I would recommend. First, one peice driveshaft, I have the Coast driveline aluminum model, great mod, gets rid of all the driveline slop and drops 20 lbs, there are several companies making them. Second, upgrade your springs, I have Steeda sport springs they work very well,and I added Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks and struts with an adjustable panhard rod. Third, adjustable upper and lower rear control arms, upgrade the rear anti sway bar, and add front sway bar urethane bushings. fourth, Rear end gears, I got 3.73s and I love em'. You probably won't need upgraded brakes unless you intend to autocross or road race. Anyway these are mods I did before supercharging, they make a big difference in the way the car handles, and you will need them for sure once you add all that power. These cars are really scary if you add a supercharger without the suspension being beefed up to handle it. They can get really loose in the rear and the body roll can be terrible, some guys have lost control and ended up crashing or in a ditch. Mine had nitrous before the suspension mods and I can tell you firsthand it's scary! These mods will settle the car down and make it very easy to control if the rear end slides out. Anyway, hope this helps. Oh,by the waya Kenne Bell or whipple twin screw will give you the absolute best driveability on the street. Unbelievable torque and an incredible holeshot, it's like driving a big block with tons of power at any rpm. Mine starts building 4psi boost at 1000 rpm. Most guys I've racedare in my rear view mirrorbefore I get out of second gear.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Frederick the Great
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jerjan

Definately get your suspension set up for the supercharger. This is what I would recommend. First, one peice driveshaft, I have the Coast driveline aluminum model, great mod, gets rid of all the driveline slop and drops 20 lbs, there are several companies making them. Second, upgrade your springs, I have Steeda sport springs they work very well,and I added Tokico D-spec adjustable shocks and struts with an adjustable panhard rod. Third, adjustable upper and lower rear control arms, upgrade the rear anti sway bar, and add front sway bar urethane bushings. fourth, Rear end gears, I got 3.73s and I love em'. You probably won't need upgraded brakes unless you intend to autocross or road race. Anyway these are mods I did before supercharging, they make a big difference in the way the car handles, and you will need them for sure once you add all that power. These cars are really scary if you add a supercharger without the suspension being beefed up to handle it. They can get really loose in the rear and the body roll can be terrible, some guys have lost control and ended up crashing or in a ditch. Mine had nitrous before the suspension mods and I can tell you firsthand it's scary! These mods will settle the car down and make it very easy to control if the rear end slides out. Anyway, hope this helps. Oh,by the waya Kenne Bell or whipple twin screw will give you the absolute best driveability on the street. Unbelievable torque and an incredible holeshot, it's like driving a big block with tons of power at any rpm. Mine starts building 4psi boost at 1000 rpm. Most guys I've racedare in my rear view mirrorbefore I get out of second gear.

I'm not sure where you live but I live in South FL where there is no such thing as a bending road. The only time my car makes turns is when I come to a stop light and yes this does not make driving as fun. I don't care about holding turns at 65mph bc I don't have to worry about them. Do you still recomend everything you listed above now that you know what my driving conditions are bc I'm not looking to dump a bunch of money into suspension. Basically the only time I'm going to get into boost is when I am launching down a straight strip.Just looking to savesome money, thanks.