Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing alarm on my own

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 01:12 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone add a aftermarket alarm to their car?

do we even have an alarm from factory. i have tried it actually left the window down about 6 inches. locked the car up made it beep. left like 10 seconds pass reached on the inside and opened the car from the inside and nothing no beeps no nothing. i was like oh sh*t i don't have an alarm. so im getting one this weekend probably. that should have been the first thing i did to my car

[/align]
Old 08-28-2007, 03:14 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

I have a Clifford and I love mine. When it comes to alarms, (and most all electronics), you get what you pay for. I would not suggest trying to install it yourself if you havent done it before... Just the fact that youre asking means that you most likely cant do it alone. Get it done right the first time and have it installed professionally.
Old 08-28-2007, 03:21 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

I kinda know how to do it, I work at Circuit City and can get help from the installers when I need help. I have multiple wiring diagram for my car. I was just wondering what alarms people have in their Mustangs?
Old 08-28-2007, 06:26 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: luckydawg003

I know how to do it, I work at Circuit City and have the wiring diagram for my car. I was just wondering what alarms people added. I get a discount on Python alarms so I will probably add the python 460 to my car. Since I don't think it has a alarm right now, just keyless entry.
Circuit City? And this makes you qualified how?
They are the worst installers around. I have "fixed"
more Circuit City cr@ppy installs than I can count.
Your post is an oxymoron. Stangs come with keyless
entry OEM. What Ya need a Python for? Just find
those little remote fobs that came with your stang.
Press the little button that has the unlocked lock
on it an the dor will unlock. Press it twice quickly
and the passengers side door will also unlock.
And the button that shows a locked lock, will
lock your doors from a distance. As an added bonus,
the button with the pic of an open trunk lid will
unlock your trunk for you. Will Python do all this
for you?
Old 08-28-2007, 07:29 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

I have the mobile guardian add on to my factory, ( http://www.mymobileguardian.com/vehicle_tracking.html)it is basically a better version of lo jack. No monthly charges, i get fifteen free online trackings. This system is done by satalite so it is not limited as the lo jack is to short wave.

It also sends a text message to my cellphone and will email up to two account if someone sets off my alarm, so no limitations on the two way pager that alot of alarm systems have.

I got mine for $850 installed, but alot of places charge $1000, you just have to look for a good deal out there.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:28 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

157db your an idiot. I know the car factory has keyless entry. I asked about ALARMS hence why I would add one to my car, since it does not come with one. Every Circuit City is different, and maybe you have fixed some, but that doesn't make you an expert on installing them.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:05 PM
Zrz11386
2nd Gear Member

I have the top of the line Viper also, sorry im at school now so i cant look on the box to tell you the exact model, i live in a decent area but we get the occasional wannabe gangbangers who like to commit vandalism, and my girlfriend lives in a bad area where alot of cars have been stolen lately (we live in baltimore city) and goes to school at UMD college park, so i needed a better alarm system. The remote pager has helped me a couple times, and even if its a false alarm, id much rather be safe than sorry, also mine comes with a remote start, which is a real nice feature.....
Old 09-10-2007, 11:20 AM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Ok well I am gonna be ordering my alarm today. Python 990 alarm/remote start, 689m neutral r/s bypass,513t mini piezo siren, and 556sw r/s bypass with coded key in it, so I don't have to use my spare key. Everything should be good for my install.
Old 09-10-2007, 04:42 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

I have an autopage 2 way remote alarm im going to install myself. I like it because the remote can be charged in a USB port. I'm not going to install all features, just the normal stuff... I'll mess something up and tell you guys about it!
Old 09-10-2007, 06:01 PM
edgespeeder06
5th Gear Member

hey mobile guardian is good if u wanna be stalked 24/7, i like it but my car isnt under my name and i dont want anyone tracking where i take my car or how fast i drive it lol, thats just not cool.........i got ultra start, similar to the viper one with an led display and 1 mile radius remote start ;-)

Quick Reply: Installing alarm on my own