Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service Engine Soon

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 04:30 PM
gnrpatience
2nd Gear Member

Default Service Engine Soon

Hello,

I own a mustang 2007 and it has a aftermarket alarm Viper that in case a thief took my car the car will stop after 1 min aprox.

Yesterday i get down from my car while it was on to move some stuff in the garage then the alarm started but the engine continued on so i relaized that the alarm didnt work. I tried several times and i can drive the car even if the alarm was on.

The way it should works is to trigger alarm and then stop the car.

Then today in the morning i see the Service Engine Soon on the display, i dont know why it could be on. I tried turning on and off the engine but the warning kept displaying then i took my car to a wash and after starting the car the warning disappeared, does anybody has an idea on why that warning is displaying ?

Thanks
Old 08-28-2007, 04:36 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Service Engine Soon

huh. epople say ikm bad at typing. from what i understood the alarm is not working. maybe its made so that if it gets stolen, and the alarm comes on, if the key is not in the ignition, it will kill it
Old 08-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

service engine soon, well that comes on on my moms windstar when its time to change the oil

[/align]
Old 08-28-2007, 04:47 PM
gnrpatience
2nd Gear Member

The function of the alarm is:

You are driving the car then on a stop signal a thief take you off of the car and he stole your car, so you will open the door and then close it, a led will start blinking to turn off the alarm if you dont turn off the alarm it turns off the car i guess by disabling the inyection of gasoline or something but the car get stopped, that is whats not working on mine. So i call to the alarm guys.

But today in the morning i start seeing the service engine soon is displayed.

Thanks
Old 08-28-2007, 04:53 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

ha ha, your typing in english as a second language.

if you get car jacked, the alarm wont be able to figure that out. thier is no alarm out thier in the universe that is so smart that if you got car jacked it would turn the car off. unlees the car is kit from night rider i think you have confused yourself.if your at home in your bed, and someone steals the car, the alarm should disable the car. as for the check ingine light, has it come back.
Old 08-28-2007, 05:24 PM
gnrpatience
2nd Gear Member

ok pay attention.

English is not my second language... but my First is spanish.

The alarm works ONLY WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING so if you are driving the car and in the corner a guy comes and gett off you the car and he jumps in after a few seconds the car will stop.

How the alarm works: If you are riding everytime you open or close a door the alarm will be advised so you have to turn it off if not the car will stop.

I hope thats more clear.

Yes display warning still there.

Cheers!
Old 08-28-2007, 05:35 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

well, unplug the battery for like 15minutes, then hook the baterry back up, and try it again
Old 08-28-2007, 07:08 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: gnrpatience

ok pay attention.

The alarm works ONLY WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING so if you are driving the car and in the corner a guy comes and gett off you the car and he jumps in after a few seconds the car will stop.

How the alarm works: If you are riding everytime you open or close a door the alarm will be advised so you have to turn it off if not the car will stop.

I hope thats more clear.

Cheers!
ok so english may be fifth, but that still doesnt make since, so your alarm is only for car jackers. if someone steals the car, the alarm wont work. but if your car jacked, the alarrm will work. i think you have more of a chance of getting the car stolen than getting car jacked. do i need to explain that in spanish, CHEERS
Old 08-28-2007, 08:20 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

yes!! please do. i willunderstand it much better. just kidding........... well if you do it wouldn't hurt

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: blackhorse05

ORIGINAL: gnrpatience

ok pay attention.

I hope thats more clear.

Cheers!
ok so english may be fifth, but that still doesnt make since, so your alarm is only for car jackers. if someone steals the car, the alarm wont work. but if your car jacked, the alarrm will work. i think you have more of a chance of getting the car stolen than getting car jacked. do i need to explain that in spanish, CHEERS
[/blockquote]