Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oh how I hate Ford + Dealer, let me count the ways.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:27 PM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

Default Oh how I hate Ford + Dealer, let me count the ways.

Need to vent and inform.

I will never buy a new car again.
I have an 2006 GT that curently has 12k, Tungsten Grey. Brought issues to dealers attention at 9k.

Turns out my whole rear drivers quarter was painted, has started to peel..clearcoat, paint chiping away at the gas door..water getting under clear. Horrible.
Confronted dealer (in texas) claimed 1st. I did it, then it was the Transport, then it was a warranty issue...said they'd get it resloved an contact my local dealer in VA (I was moving)

Didn't do it.

Ford denied my warranty claim, dealer denies my claim...they expect me just to sit here with my paint falling off...not to mention the whole quarter is a different color...(got noticeable with time)

Now I have a Lawyer but ****...not much you can do when battleing Ford....

Absolutley disgusts me. $1400 to fix. Lawyer says I hopefully will get $4-$5k but could go to trial...2-3 yrs...etc...

I will never buy new again...I will never buy from Ford again...your warranty is worthless...they won't even honor my front bumper..which is a seperate issue...mottling on the front bumper...looks all patchy..."I don't see it"

FYI. Dealer was Bill Utter Ford in Denton Tx.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:05 PM
D_Gusler
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Oh how I hate Ford + Dealer, let me count the ways.

Doesn't sound like Ford issues, but more like dealer issues.

Why should ford have to pay for your dealers *** up?
Old 08-28-2007, 09:06 PM
peteway
2nd Gear Member

It's not just ford. I had a very similar issue with a local Nissan (wife's car)dealership. It's a long story and I won't get into it, but trust me, it's not just ford.... ask around.

I feel for ya though.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:10 PM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: D_Gusler

Doesn't sound like Ford issues, but more like dealer issues.

Why should ford have to pay for your dealers *** up?
The dealer is a representative of Ford, Ford denied the claim...could have happend at the factory...they point the finger the dealer points the finger...goes on and on.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:40 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Hey I understand. Had problems with the paint on my car. Don't let it get you down. Get it fixed correctly and let the lawyer do his job. Unfortunately these things take time. I know that doesn't help when your in the middle of it but it will work out if the lawyer does what he's supposed to.

On the bright side look at this as an opportunity to upgrade, maybe a nice two tone custom paint job!

I know $1400 is a lot of money but its costing you a lot more if you let them get to you.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:56 PM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PLstang
I know $1400 is a lot of money but its costing you a lot more if you let them get to you.
Exactly, I have just adopted this mind set but it is hard for me...been causing me stress at work and home especially since I just moved to VA where things are double the price and I only have 2 buds from work...not friends just work buds.

I try to think about Jesus where he talks about how material posessions end up owning you in the end and not to store up treasures on earth where moth in rust destroy...(sorry to get preachy)

In the end it should work out, worst case I pay out of pocket.

Best case get the 5k...get it fixed get a hood...use the rest on a whipple!

I guess what chaps me is the not knowing...
Old 08-28-2007, 10:11 PM
chupac
3rd Gear Member

I had a similiar problem with a brand new Pontiac a few years back, everyone passed the buck until I brought a State Senator (who is a good friend of the family, as well as attorney) into the picture. Let's just say the car got fixed and a couple of people got fired. Good luck on your "journey".
Old 08-28-2007, 10:33 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svt93style

ORIGINAL: PLstang
Exactly, I have just adopted this mind set but it is hard for me...been causing me stress at work and home especially since I just moved to VA where things are double the price and I only have 2 buds from work...not friends just work buds.

I try to think about Jesus where he talks about how material posessions end up owning you in the end and not to store up treasures on earth where moth in rust destroy...(sorry to get preachy)

In the end it should work out, worst case I pay out of pocket.

Best case get the 5k...get it fixed get a hood...use the rest on a whipple!

I guess what chaps me is the not knowing...

This is just one of lifes valleys. Don't let it get you down. Just remember you own the car, don't let it own you!

As far as friends you always have your fellow Mustang Brotheren!

I'm sure you wouldn't normaly let something like this bother you, it's probably the added stress of the move. Just keep that in mind and keep things in perspective and you'll be fine!
Old 08-28-2007, 10:47 PM
cenotaph
1st Gear Member

Try the Better Business Bureau. May receive arbitration. Can't hurt. They have an online website with part of it specifically dealing with cars, lemon laws, etc.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:09 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your troubles partner. Hope all turns out OK.

Quick Reply: Oh how I hate Ford + Dealer, let me count the ways.