Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whippled!!!! It's IN!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 02:06 PM
Scotte28516
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Whippled!!!! It's IN!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: dennysmustang

Congrats! What were the deciding factors for you choosing the whipple - I'm debating the Whipple vs the Roush due to the fact that I am keeping my warranty. But I don't know which gives the most for the money performance wise?
You'll only keep the warranty on the non-intercooled whipple which will give you around the same amount of hp as the roush. No one is going to warranty a stock block mustang muchover 400 crank hp.

Taboo, what bolts didn't match? Someone else posted the heat exchanger bolts didn't fit the nuts.
According to Whipple and Ford, you do not get a warranty with any Whipple, HO or not.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:33 PM
Taboo
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Scotte28516

Congrats! What were the deciding factors for you choosing the whipple - I'm debating the Whipple vs the Roush due to the fact that I am keeping my warranty. But I don't know which gives the most for the money performance wise?
You'll only keep the warranty on the non-intercooled whipple which will give you around the same amount of hp as the roush. No one is going to warranty a stock block mustang muchover 400 crank hp.

Taboo, what bolts didn't match? Someone else posted the heat exchanger bolts didn't fit the nuts.
According to Whipple and Ford, you do not get a warranty with any Whipple, HO or not.
Yeah...ummm....call me an idiot but I didn't buy the Whipple with the hopes of retaining my warranty....just don't tell my wife!!! [&:]
Old 08-30-2007, 02:36 PM
Taboo
1st Gear Member

Let's see, the torx bolts from the MAF are wrong. The stock nut for the alternator does not fit into the billet machined Whipple bracket. I think there were a couple others but I am drawing a blank. I guess "nothing major" in the scheme of things.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Taboo
1st Gear Member

Here was my short list of wants:
[ul][*]Manageable power[*]Retain streetability[*]Maximize investment (IE I added up the cost of exhaust/CAI/93 tune, ETC, ETC and it still was not even in the ballpark of bang for your buck thata S/C would provide[/ul]
Before I settled on the Whipple I researched Saleen, Vortech, Roush...basically the usual suspects. I *almost* wentwith Saleenas I like their set up to obtain a good dose of power at a low boost level (4 PSI). My buddy has a fully decked out Saleen and it's impressive. Thing is, to get toward the 480HP mark you need to add on their intercooler set up and by the time the whole kit arrived in Canada I was pushing $8000USD. Ouch.

Anyways, long story short, I kept coming back to Whipple. I liked their reputation for producing high quality set ups. Posting on the forum here has shown me that they have garnered respect from those who have the kits installed so that kind of sealed the deal. I also liked that they were in cahoots so to speak with Ford Racing. Love them or hate them, I like that most of the components have "Ford Racing" branded on them. Kinda has that still all Ford feel about it if that makes any sense.

As for Warranty, it's been debated long and hard as to whether a S/C (HO or not) voids it. My take? If I blow up my internals it's my own fault and that gives me an excuse for a stroker set up. Outside of that, I am of the opinion that the dealer still has to PROVE the S/C was the root cause of whatever failed so I have a small degree of faith in the other components that could go clunk in the night. Oh yeah, my bro is a wizard of a mechanic so that helps too (just in case)....lol.... [8D]
Old 08-30-2007, 03:02 PM
Pwny
4th Gear Member

I want a Whipple [:@]
Old 08-30-2007, 03:03 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Taboo

Let's see, the torx bolts from the MAF are wrong. The stock nut for the alternator does not fit into the billet machined Whipple bracket. I think there were a couple others but I am drawing a blank. I guess "nothing major" in the scheme of things.
So did you just take the intake tube to the hardware store and start trying screws?That's usually what I do when i need a screw/bolt/nut/etc.

The 400hp whipple non-intercooled is supposed to come with a 12 month warranty for the drivetrain if installed by a ford dealer, blah, blah, blah. This was not offered originally though.

Old 08-30-2007, 03:51 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]
Old 08-30-2007, 04:17 PM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

As far as warranty goes, here is my 2 cents. I really dont want things to break but if they do I want to replace them with something better that wont break. Why would you want to reinstall something you know will fail on your car?

I am a littel neurotic when it comes to my car so please excuse thosethat see me post everywhere on the same things.

But in response to TABOO, after a long argument with the wife I have to wait till my warranty runs out before I can do anything (07 GT with 2.5 years of B to B warranty left. Didnt even tell her there is a 5 year powertrain warranty ).

Luckily she doesnt really track these things or really know when it runs out so I am thinking I can pull it in a little.

TABOO & MOOSESTANG & HAMMERON

Are either of you planning on swapping out your stock clutch?

I have heard it is easier and cheaper to swapout prior to the S/C install than after. Supposedly you can tip the engine without the S/C on top so you dont have to pull the engine out.

I was thinking about a Spec stage 2 with an aluminum flywheel.

Thoughts?
Old 08-30-2007, 04:29 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

Pull the motor out to change a clutch ??? Sounds like a Stealership ploy to net more money, that's ridiculous.
Old 08-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Taboo
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGT0405

As far as warranty goes, here is my 2 cents. I really dont want things to break but if they do I want to replace them with something better that wont break. Why would you want to reinstall something you know will fail on your car?

I am a littel neurotic when it comes to my car so please excuse thosethat see me post everywhere on the same things.

But in response to TABOO, after a long argument with the wife I have to wait till my warranty runs out before I can do anything (07 GT with 2.5 years of B to B warranty left. Didnt even tell her there is a 5 year powertrain warranty ).

Luckily she doesnt really track these things or really know when it runs out so I am thinking I can pull it in a little.

TABOO & MOOSESTANG & HAMMERON

Are either of you planning on swapping out your stock clutch?

I have heard it is easier and cheaper to swapout prior to the S/C install than after. Supposedly you can tip the engine without the S/C on top so you dont have to pull the engine out.

I was thinking about a Spec stage 2 with an aluminum flywheel.

Thoughts?
???? Tilt the engine? WTF? Assuming you had to remove the S/C, I'd think you'd only have to relieve the tension on the pulley, remove it, remove like 8 bolts on the twin screw unit and move it forward enough to accomodate?? ASSUMING you have to tilt it at all! But then again, I've not thought about the clutch yet!

Quick Reply: Whippled!!!! It's IN!!!!!!!!!