Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thank you Lord! (radar detector story)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 12:45 AM
steamfish
1st Gear Member

Default Thank you Lord! (radar detector story)

So I'm cruisin' back from town, following a car doing the speed limit (which of course is too slow for da stang...)

He turns off on a big curve right at the beginning of this stretch of road with curves and dips.

So I totally blast thru the gears. 3rd, 4th, 5th... In 5 to 10 seconds, I go from 35 to 90. Next thing I know, the radar detector does a lil-chirp and I hit the brakes as hard as I can and slow it up to 60. Other side of this curve comes a white Intrepid, which is a state cop. Same clown that busted me and my son in his 300C. Gave him a ticket for 70 in a 55, plus a radar detector beef as well.

Thank the Lord for Bel radar detectors! Specifically the STi Driver. Saved me from a thousand dollar ticket today.

Yup, thedickheads in Virginia are doing what thedickheads in NJ have been doing for forever. Get a ticket, get an insurance surcharge for 3 years. Basically every ticket in Jersey was like a 300 to 900 dollar ticket 'cause you'd have to pay 300 bucks every year for 3 years... freaking *****!! grrrr.

Well now the idiot in charge of VA thinks that's a good idea here too. Break out the tar and feathers...

Anyway, back to the Bel. Great radar detector, I officially love it now. Especially with k band which is so low-powered, as soon as you get an indication, slam on the brakes!

mmmKay - steamfish out

Old 08-31-2007, 12:51 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Thank you Lord! (radar detector story)

hey there's $1000 for mods
Old 08-31-2007, 01:25 AM
ollied
1st Gear Member

yeahradar detectors are legal in virtually every other state...Virginia traffic laws FTL
Old 08-31-2007, 01:34 AM
steamfish
1st Gear Member

Nice thing about the Bel is that I can go stealth at night, or top-down. I can set the display to off, and the power-cord has an indicator LED that lets me know what's goin' on. No need for the Virginia cops to see the display
Old 08-31-2007, 11:25 AM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

I'm in NoVA too and in the market for a radar detector, you think this would be a good buy? My main issue is the speed traps around NOVA and GMU.. its so easy to go 10 over when the speed limit is only 35.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:31 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

I don't envy you.......VA FTL The other two really good choices are Cincinatti Microwave and Valentive. My CI Solo is over ten years old and still works like a champ.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:32 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

I have a $70 cobra and aside from the annoying X-Band false alarms all the time, it works great for saving my ***. K-band shows up just as strong as X if not stronger on mine...maybe they have different guns in VA?
Old 08-31-2007, 12:53 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

I have the wireless passport, its ok. gets the job done, Ka is the popular band for cops around here.

im starting to worry about "Ku" bands that ive been hearing about. And its funny cuz there one town of police here that my RD never goes of for... ever. I just cant see the whole police force w/ out radors.

I hear the valentive or valetime or whatever its called its a great radar; and they upgrade to the newer bands like ku for free (what ive heard, ill have to check into myself.)
Old 08-31-2007, 07:34 PM
steamfish
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: joshetc

I'm in NoVA too and in the market for a radar detector, you think this would be a good buy? My main issue is the speed traps around NOVA and GMU.. its so easy to go 10 over when the speed limit is only 35.
Can't go wrong with it. The other main reason I bought this model is because it has advanced radar-detector-detector protection. VA cops activly scan for illegal detectors and stop you if they suspect one. $80 ticket if caught.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:22 PM
Apoptosis
poptart tits

Going for a Bel 995 when I get my pay check. I can't believe the freaking ****'s in VA though.

Quick Reply: Thank you Lord! (radar detector story)