Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

little by little

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 07:24 AM
holdstill79
1st Gear Member

Default RE: little by little

well, today is the day. no work,no wife (left for Detroit this morning for a week) leaving to get my shifter in a few. Today will be a good day
Old 09-05-2007, 07:26 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

What do you think of your B ama tunes?
Old 09-05-2007, 07:41 AM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

holdstill79 - not to highjack the thread, but how do you like your headlamp covers? i was thinking about getting a set (i'm going for a blue and black color scheme with my stang), but had some reservations: do they fade over time? are the lights still bright?where did you pick yours up?then again, i wonder if they're even legal in jersey... any input you could provide will be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-05-2007, 08:01 AM
holdstill79
1st Gear Member

With answers to both questions. The B A M A tune I have is good. I had a problem with launching because of my stock tires so Doug wrote me a Perf. tune that actually tames the torque (just a little) I can launch at a higher rpm without spinning, but at 3500 rpm it kicks in like a damn turbo which is what I wanted to a "T". For example, my friend has a LS1 T/A and he is auto. At the track he left me at the line by3-4 cars and by the 1/4 I was 2 cars behind him(both mostly stock) Now he leaves me 2-3 out of the hole and I beat him by 1 1/2-2 cars every time.

The headlight covers are great. Cheap upgrade that gets alot of looks(first thing I put on her) They are NOT good at night, people (and cops) can see the lights are on but if I turn off my driving lights I can hardly see anything and it is even worse on bright. I live in the city and keep my driving lights on with them and dont have a problem. If I go on any rural highway at night they come off. There is no fading what so ever after 10 months. I like the way they are not adhesive ( they slide in under the light and clip to the top) no scrathing or scuffing the paint. They also sit flush unlike my 88 where they stick out 1/2 inch. You should find these under $50. If not I will by them with my wholesale account and send them to you at my cost + ship.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:12 AM
ink003
3rd Gear Member

thanks a lot for the reply - looks like i know what appearance mod i'm buying next
Old 09-05-2007, 08:09 PM
holdstill79
1st Gear Member

Shifter install went flawless. Night and day difference in shifts, with a cool little "click" noise when engaging. I know there are better shifters than the hurst out there, but for $165.00, this will do just fine. I do have one off topic question though. the push pin clips that hold the rear panels in the trunk in place, Where can I get some that actually work? I have taken that panel off twice for my audio install and everytime i pop the trunk they are off again. thanks guys