Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What gauges are essential for SC?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2007, 06:14 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: What gauges are essential for SC?

ORIGINAL: moosestang

ORIGINAL: Dex

The s/c cars that come factoryrun so rich that you wouldnt have much of an issue with your car blowing up. If you've tuned and when you're tuned correctly youre probably around 11.4 to 11.6 and anything past that you might have some issues. Doesnt seem like much but add other .4 to that and BOOM!!! So if something hicups you would see it on an A/F wideband but if you didnt say goodbye to your car's engine. What if you usually run 5lbs of boost and with the air, something lose, etc.. you make 7lbs and youre at a good a/f ratio at 5 lbs. You will lean out your fuel too much and KAAAABBBBBBBBOOOOOOMMM

Your choice but i still think youre stupid to add a 6000 dollar power adder to your car and not spend an extra 350 on a gauge that will save your engine.

I have a 4psi margin of error with the whipple setup. The tune is good from 8-12psi according to them and i'm going to use the 8psi pulley.

The fact is you don't need a A/F gauge. You are stupid to run a tune so close to the edge of kaboom.

Anyone else think Dex is stupid? I think he's a stupid kid with a big ****ing mouth myself.
The tune from them is a POS, the whipple tune you will have to get dyno tuned to properly set it up. Also If you are gonna have a power adder why not take complete advantage of it? It is not running on the edge of kaboom; it is called properly tuning the vehicle. If this is your first FI in the last 5 years then I completely understand your ignorance.

Andrew
Old 09-04-2007, 06:17 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Blah, blah, blah. I wish someone would ban you. You have an opinion on everything. I've followed plenty of your posts and you calling me ignorant doesn't phase me in the least.

ORIGINAL: androdz

ORIGINAL: Dex

The s/c cars that come factoryrun so rich that you wouldnt have much of an issue with your car blowing up. If you've tuned and when you're tuned correctly youre probably around 11.4 to 11.6 and anything past that you might have some issues. Doesnt seem like much but add other .4 to that and BOOM!!! So if something hicups you would see it on an A/F wideband but if you didnt say goodbye to your car's engine. What if you usually run 5lbs of boost and with the air, something lose, etc.. you make 7lbs and youre at a good a/f ratio at 5 lbs. You will lean out your fuel too much and KAAAABBBBBBBBOOOOOOMMM

Your choice but i still think youre stupid to add a 6000 dollar power adder to your car and not spend an extra 350 on a gauge that will save your engine.

I have a 4psi margin of error with the whipple setup. The tune is good from 8-12psi according to them and i'm going to use the 8psi pulley.

The fact is you don't need a A/F gauge. You are stupid to run a tune so close to the edge of kaboom.

Anyone else think Dex is stupid? I think he's a stupid kid with a big ****ing mouth myself.
The tune from them is a POS, the whipple tune you will have to get dyno tuned to properly set it up. Also If you are gonna have a power adder why not take complete advantage of it? It is not running on the edge of kaboom; it is called properly tuning the vehicle. If this is your first FI in the last 5 years then I completely understand your ignorance.

Andrew
Old 09-04-2007, 06:22 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Moosetang like I have told you a couple of times already.... Get some experience before you voice your opinion on a subject. How many FI cars have you worked on/have??? Any after 1995 or so??? Anything earlier than that is nothing compared to what we have today. When your whipple arrives have it dyno tuned and then tell me if the tune they gave you was right on. The Whipple tune is very inferior compared to the tune you receive when you get a Kennebell. Fact of the matter is; if you are going FI and want #'s then you need this gauges there is no way around it. Or you live in a perfect world where there is no change of barometric pressure, temperature, humidity, altitude. And you have zero chance in hell of ever getting a tank of bad gas.

Andrew
Old 09-04-2007, 06:27 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

So you have experience with the whipple SC and tuning it? I'm sure there are loads of them driving around PR, right?

Give me a ****ing break. How many years have you been working on cars or even driving for that matter?

Well? I'd really like to know how your experience compares to whipples?

Moosetang like I have told you a couple of times already.... Get some experience before you voice your opinion on a subject. How many FI cars have you worked on/have??? Any after 1995 or so??? Anything earlier than that is nothing compared to what we have today. When your whipple arrives have it dyno tuned and then tell me if the tune they gave you was right on. The Whipple tune is very inferior compared to the tune you receive when you get a Kennebell. Fact of the matter is; if you are going FI and want #'s then you need this gauges there is no way around it. Or you live in a perfect world where there is no change of barometric pressure, temperature, humidity, altitude. And you have zero chance in hell of ever getting a tank of bad gas.

Andrew
Old 09-04-2007, 06:41 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Well lets see a fact about PR, PR has 4,000,000 habitants and around 2.2 million cars. Add that up. We have quite a few of the worlds fastest cars here in PR. Lets see Accord, Subaru Sti, rx7, all the Rotative cars, Evo's, Integra just to name a few. Not to mention some of the top tuner shops in the states are run by Puertoricans or have puertoricans working/tuning the cars. Titan Motorsports, CFT, CFM just to name a few. I have seen 2 canned whipple s/c cars. Unlike you I tune my own car and this is is not my FI project.

So you have experience with the whipple SC and tuning it? I'm sure there are loads of them driving around PR, right?

Give me a ****ing break. How many years have you been working on cars or even driving for that matter?

Andrew
Old 09-04-2007, 06:49 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

So please explain why the whipple tune isa POS as you say. Maybe you should define POS in your own words. I'm going to link this to whipple incase their tuner would like to comment.

How old were you again?

Well lets see a fact about PR, PR has 4,000,000 and around 2.2 million cars. Add that up. We have quite a few of the worlds fastest cars here in PR. Lets see Accord, Subaru Sti, rx7, all the Rotative cars, Evo's, Integra just to name a few. Not to mention some of the top tuner shops in the states are run by Puertoricans or have puertoricans working/tuning the cars. Titan Motorsports, CFT, CFM just to name a few. I have seen 2 canned whipple s/c cars. Unlike you I tune my own car and this is is not my FI project.

Andrew
Old 09-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Dex
5th Gear Member

moosestang, youre the one who sounds like an ignorant kid. I can say someone is stupid for not having a wideband and if you disagree then you disagree. I wont argue over and over about it because I could careless if you blow your car up. Their tune is good from 8-12psi?? You know how safe that tune will be in order to do 8-12 psi? If you ran your car at 8lbs I might not be too scared of blowing your car up but the safest thing you could do for yourself, car, and wallet is buy a wideband.

FI=WIDEBAND Go ask any respected engine builder or a person who races. they will tell you not to do it unless you have a wideband

If you choose to do otherwise then thats your choice.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:23 PM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

I wouldnt even think about running my nitrous if i didnt have a wideband in my car. Just saying, they are pretty needed if you want to do things right.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Why not just get an audible warning system? Put the speaker under the foot well.

"Fuel presure out of operational range"

"PSI out of opperational range"

"Air Fuel Mixture out of opperational range"

Old 09-04-2007, 08:01 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GrayPony

Boost, Wideband and fuel pressure

Can you post more pics of that set up?

Quick Reply: What gauges are essential for SC?