Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Contemplating selling the GT

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 05:04 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Contemplating selling the GT

We all get bored with what we have. Its normal. Its your task to inject new life into what you have or move onto something else.

My Jaguar Xtype was a dream car for me. Its a piece of crap but it was a Jaguar and that was my goal. 6 months later I was bored and got the Mustang GT.... It was exhilarating to say the least, but now 6 months later I find myself considering a different car! The Chevy SSR truck thing to be exact. I used to hate that thing but now I find myself 'humoring' myself by looking if there are any used ones (since they haven't been produced in 2 years).

I'm smarter now...... I know its time to inject excitement into what I have rather than get rid of it, so expect a blower on this thing if I can find a way to afford it soon!

Anyways, you're normal. Just consider your options and you'll make the right choice.
Old 09-03-2007, 05:37 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I must agree as well... I am bored out of my mind with my 06 and don't even enjoy it anymore. I am planning on selling it and getting something new that isn't the color black... The 09 Mustang will be something to consider for me or if they get a bigger engine this 08 model or the GT500 drops to MSRP. Those are some options although the Camaro, Challenger, and GTO's are not even a consideration.

-Jeff
Old 09-03-2007, 06:03 PM
blackhorse05
I ♥ Acer

i completely understand, ive been thinking about getting rid of mine. if i could get27kild take it. if anyone is interested i have saleen s/c at 7.5 psi 453 rwhp, mac headers, o/r x borla cat bach saleen extreem tube, saleen short shifter. alum flywheel with built tranny, 4.10 uca, lca coolant relocation, sct2.car is yellow with back hood, spoiler and rear louvers. also 39lb injectors. ill even get rid of it with the lap top and all the programs to moniter everything while driving. for as little more ill drive it to you
Old 09-03-2007, 06:12 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

I definately feel this sometimes also. I don't have any Mustang owning buddys with whom I can BS either, so the show-n-shine is about the best place I get to go, which is getting sad.
If things don't change I'll probably unload mine next year..

My Jaguar Xtype was a dream car for me. Its a piece of crap but it was a Jaguar and that was my goal.
That was an 'own goal' then, That X-Type? It's a Ford Mondeo (Europe). Sorry Dude [&:]
Old 09-03-2007, 07:02 PM
bugmenot

I should have bought the vette. Love my car, but for 400 bones a month a used C5 is what I should have gotten if I had to pay interest on my Stang, which I do not. So no paying interest makes the Stang a better purchase, but if Chevy some how offers no interest on used C5s, good bye Stang!
Old 09-03-2007, 07:18 PM
FlaPony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lieu910

I guess it's part human nature tolose interest in things over time. I've been into cars for so long that it finally has lost it's appeal.

Car shows and cruise nights have become boring. My friends that used to come along have either sold their cars or they are not running, so sitting around only to have someone come up and say "nice car", or "how much boost you running"? just seems a little lame to me. Addthe fact thatI cannot even take the kids out for ice cream in the GT without every idiot in the county revving at me and trying to race. I don't know, I put alot of work into her, but I just don't think it brings me $400.00 of joy per month anymore.

I have really become more of a motorcycle guysince I boughtmy R1200RT, and have thought abouta second bike. I'm going to think it over for a while, but taking a couple years off from cars has some appeal to me right now.Pardon the pun, but I tyhink it's a case of musclecar burnout.
1st. Taking the kids out on the motorcycle for ice cream will be a 1 at a time trip.
2nd Having a motorcycle or two as your only means of transportation is a trip I've been on and hated. There's nothing like going to work in the rain and trying to look professional afterward.
3rd.The only reason you have the car is to go to car shows and cruise nights? Bike nights also get boring and you'll find yourself answering the same questions there also.

Good luck with your choice. I've bought a ton of cars I wish I hadn't 6 months later.[:@]
Old 09-03-2007, 08:52 PM
jerseyblood
2nd Gear Member

Wow, I guess Im the odd ball. I have owned 13 vehicles in the last 14 years and I can say I will never get rid of this car. I had it now for a little over 1.5 years. I dont own the vehicle because of what others think at a show. I do this as a hobby and it brings a smile to my face everytime I drive it. The only way I would ever get rid of it is because it could be the death of me one day. I love speed and had to get rid of a motorcycle because I found out what 167 looks like!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 08:53 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

This thread saddens me, i guess we all gotta grow up someday.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:16 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

If you look to find happiness and satisfaction in a car then you'll never be satisfied. Look elsewhere for happiness. Drive a car for short term enjoyment.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:23 PM
nh3
2nd Gear Member

I just turned 40 and have had 48 or so cars, trucks, boats and motorcycles. Lifes to short, wallets to thin but I want to try them all. If your bored with it dump it and move on. Works for me.

Quick Reply: Contemplating selling the GT