Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the rule on the streets these days ? :)

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 07:00 PM
MustangSal
1st Gear Member

Default Whats the rule on the streets these days ? :)

Not that there is any "rule" but back in the day when I had my first Stang that was hyped up I would never start with anyone on the street unless they were worked or looked and sounded like it would be a battle. I mean if I saw a stocker I would respectfully go by it knowing my car was way faster and if he wanted to get someHE would have started with me, I would give the thumbs up even if he were a v6.THAT WAS THEN....I guess

THIS IS NOW

Last week down at the shore I was behind a Saleen at a light, mind you I have a stock GT, no exhaust, no nothing, not reving my engine or anything, I see him looking back at me REVVING the **** out of his engine and "trying to stare" me down, knowing im not gonna gun it in a town that I dont know, I do nothing at all, he tears off like an ***, I was like ohh well thats ****ty of him, I knew his car was faster then mine, and I was just looking forward to giving him the thumbs up.

Two nights ago im driving in the town I live in... heading across town, I hear the rumble of a stang and behold there is a mid 90s model stang behind me with his "monster tach" on his dash and his extreemly loud exhaust, its 2 lanes....in a well lit section of town known for its police enforcment.....but he stays behind me in a 35 MPH zone....REVVVING the crap out of his car and riding my *** for about a half mile untill he turned off, mind you there were 2 lanes ?? the other lane was open the whole time. ?? WTF is wrong with people. I know my STANG looks bad-*** but im not starting crap with anyone, just minding my own business. Knowing how the cops are these days and the penalties can be stiff for street racing wouldn't you think that us Stangs should have a bit more respect for each other ? If someone is clearly not going to race you or clearly has nothing to race you with....why on earth would you risk tickets/impoundment/embarrassment or loss of your licence for a street race that you would have won hands down. Im not saying I never street raced or will never street race again. im just saying.....Use your head.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:52 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Whats the rule on the streets these days ? :)

What can I say, we have bad a$$ rides and others want to know exactly how fast. I know what u mean with people wanting to race. Today I was on the highway, and the nissan 240 pulls next to me, slows down and tears off. idiot...
Old 09-03-2007, 08:01 PM
ollied
1st Gear Member

mustang mating call
Old 09-03-2007, 08:53 PM
Nick62087
1st Gear Member

mustang mating call

Old 09-03-2007, 08:53 PM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

I can't remember the last time I had anyone want to play with my car. I never instigate a race, but if they start it, I am more than happy to finish it.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:08 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Yeah, and along the same line.......

Is there some unwritten rule that says if you are running with just your fogs on, like early morning when you don't really need your headlights on, that it signifies an open invitation for anyone and everyone to go???

Mike
Old 09-03-2007, 09:11 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i think this pretty much sums
it up for alot of us.

ORIGINAL: JD1969

I can't remember the last time I had anyone want to play with my car. I never instigate a race, but if they start it, I am more than happy to finish it.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:16 PM
RojoDojo
2nd Gear Member

LMAO @ Mustang mating call, that's great...

As far as other Mustangs and other so called 'muscle cars', I don't rev up or anything to instigate a race. However, if I just happen to pull up next to the token import with 4 doors, a body kit, and the 5" diameter exhaust tip or whatever, I have no problem blasting them into shame if they instigate. If I get wasted, that's cool, they obviously put a little more time into their performance than I did (Civic, Tiburon, VW's) or they bought it like that (WRX, Supra, 350Z). I can't remember ever revving up at anybody at a light or anything to race, I've usually just taken off like I have some sense and some fool in an import next to me decides to gun it and I'm not going to let something like that slide, gotta remind them where their place is on the food chain...

Anyway, it helps if you know the specs and stuff on other cars so you know who you can pick on and such. I'm an equal opportunity *** kicker though, I don't care if it's a 4 banger or a V6, if they try to throw down I flush them like the turds they are. Haven't partaken in any 'Stang on 'Stang hostilities with my 2006 though. Only other mustang I've had rev up on me was a Fox body GT about a year ago when I was in my 2000 V6, he took off and I stuck with him about 3 feet off his bumper the whole time, followed him to the gas station and hung out with the guy for a minute. So basically I'm saying it's cool with me if people rev up and stuff, just don't be a douche bag about it, some people don't want to race...
Old 09-03-2007, 09:24 PM
tjs2906
1st Gear Member

I know you are probably going to "surrreee", but, I pulled into a local Safeway store when I first got my car. A cop pulled in right behind me, I'm thinkin' "damn what did I do?" I parked, nervously went into the store, he got out and followed me in, we ended up going through the door at the same time. He looked over at me and says "Nice car, I wonder which car is faster..."I told him I'd take him on, but he didn't think that would be such a great idea. He turned out to be nice guy. Stood and talked about my car and how he was looking at one. yadda yadda yadda..........Anyway, around here I can barely get other mustang to acknowledge I exist.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:32 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

"I know you are probably going to "surrreee", but, I pulled into a local Safeway store when I first got my car. A cop pulled in right behind me, I'm thinkin' "damn what did I do?" I parked, nervously went into the store, he got out and followed me in, we ended up going through the door at the same time. He looked over at me and says "Nice car, I wonder which car is faster..."I told him I'd take him on, but he didn't think that would be such a great idea. He turned out to be nice guy. Stood and talked about my car and how he was looking at one. yadda yadda yadda..........Anyway, around here I can barely get other mustang to acknowledge I exist"

I do this all the time, I also have no problem pulling someone over to tell them they have a nice car (it gives the drivers a sense that we're not just out to get them)

Quick Reply: Whats the rule on the streets these days ? :)