Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Modding when your not supposed to be?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 01:38 PM
pachary
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Modding when your not supposed to be?

Well, I have a slightly different angle. It does have potential drawbacks. We just got the 06 Roush Sport Vert for my wife. It took a little wiggling, but I convinced her that SHE "needed" the KenneBell 2.6l Intercooled kit, 275/40 and 295/40 tires, SOS pods and gauges, Adj Panhard Bar, LCAs, Roush short throw shifter...etc......when the clutch goes I'll just be working on HER car (Spec or CF and Spydershaft).

You just have to figure out what works for you. A bonus is she goes easy on it, so since it almost a daily driver, I'm not as tempted to tear it up daily.

Paul
Old 09-05-2007, 01:47 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

HAHA no wife = no nagging Great to not have to listen to nagging when I want to get a mod.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:56 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jrm1900

I know the story, got rid of the wife, so I have no dog barking at me when I get home, but I am sure many of you are lucky enough to have an understanding wife/gf
See in my case it's my husband. He's just not into cars like I am. I can't help it....growing up with two brothers and a father who loved cars, it's in my blood.
When I order things, I usually try to send a money order that way he doesn't question the bill. The only bad part is when the parts are sitting on my front porch and he beats me home. I get the, "Why did you order that?" [:@]
I know he's gonna flip when I tell him I want to take classes in Dec. for Auto Body Shop Repair. I've always wanted to learn how to paint and restore cars. Looking at buddydunk's thread has more than inspired me.
Old 09-05-2007, 01:56 PM
0NF1R
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dennis074.0

this is ONF1R's car 2 months ago

and here it is today.

LMAO!!! you are so right!
Only thing different of my car then was the tires in that pic are better than the ones i had......

and i only WISH i made that much money to have modded my car from a baseGT to what it is now in only 2 months.....unfortunately thats not the case.......it has taken me 1 whole year of spending all the extra money I have and either eating up the arguments or making an excuse fore every part i get.....

most of smaller interior mods, my intake with tuner, and midpipe she has no idea about..........

all of my body mods, i just ate up the arguments or made a deal......when i was wanting to order the front fascia, i told her that she could have a $400 purse of i could get the fascia...i told her the fascia was around 600 when it was actually like $900.....also when i ordered it, i addedthe side skirts and front chin spoiler ( i told her that they sent it to me by accident and never contacted me about it lol)....everything ended up being like 1500....

I recently ordered a roush dash plaque during a time when i wasnt supposed to be spending money.......i had it sent to my parents house so she wouldnt find it in the mail cause we all know they'd open it right up.....well we had to go somewhere one day, so i stopped at my parents house, picked it up, slipped it in my pocket, then we went to a convenient store and i sent her in to get me a water...while she was in there, i installed it on the dash and when she got in she never noticed...about an hour later, she saw it and asked questions and i told her that its been there like a month and i was suprised she never noticed it LOL......

When i bought these roush wheels, i just had to suck it up....i pulled up in the yard with them on and told her to come out and see something...she just KNEW i spent more money and was immediately upset.....she saw them and couldnt care less, my reason was that it was a deal that i couldnt refuse and if i didnt take it, i would never be able to own these wheels...i made it all better 1 week later when i sold my old wheels and ended up making an extra 300, bought the roush wheels for 600 and sold my others for 900....

After all these disappointments as she saw it, i made it all better when i recently bought her an engagement ring, earned me a clean slate! Time to rack up my new slate! lol

and for the conversion, would you wanna pay $41K for a roush off the lot, OR build your own for $27K? ($23K for the car with $4K in mods and installation....

Despite all of this "deception", I love her very much!

Stang4Life baby!!!!!!!!
Old 09-05-2007, 02:13 PM
jrm1900
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07 Stang

ORIGINAL: jrm1900

I know the story, got rid of the wife, so I have no dog barking at me when I get home, but I am sure many of you are lucky enough to have an understanding wife/gf
See in my case it's my husband. He's just not into cars like I am. I can't help it....growing up with two brothers and a father who loved cars, it's in my blood.
When I order things, I usually try to send a money order that way he doesn't question the bill. The only bad part is when the parts are sitting on my front porch and he beats me home. I get the, "Why did you order that?" [:@]
I know he's gonna flip when I tell him I want to take classes in Dec. for Auto Body Shop Repair. I've always wanted to learn how to paint and restore cars. Looking at buddydunk's thread has more than inspired me.
Do you happen to have a sister? you seem to be the dream g/f for many guys in this forum.
Old 09-05-2007, 03:17 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

I did it to a point.....but most of the time I just sucked it up and took the verbal lashing. Overall My wife has been a awesome and understanding like no other....just made a verbal promise that I will not do any more mods for 1 year from May 29,2007....and so far I have been true to my word....
Old 09-05-2007, 04:14 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

What mods????
s ~
Old 09-05-2007, 04:24 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Yeah really? what mods maan?
Old 09-05-2007, 06:05 PM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

I must've lucked out. My gf doesn't mind my modding, just wants to make sure I can afford it.

In fact, for my birthday, she gave me a license plate frame that reads, "I always wanted a pony; now I have 300 of them!"

Yet, when she gave it to me, she said, "Oh, I shouldn't have gotten the HP number on there; that's going to change when you mod the car!"
Old 09-05-2007, 06:54 PM
itsmetoo
1st Gear Member

No wife = no nagging about money spent on mods

Quick Reply: Modding when your not supposed to be?