Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

b ama......

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 10:08 AM
rshamekh
4th Gear Member

Default RE: b ama......

ORIGINAL: GT John

ORIGINAL: rshamekh

I ordered mine on the 20th last month and got it yesterday, installed it right away and what a huge difference it made, my car chirpsinto 2nd and 3rd and it's an auto. I started off with the torque 93, I'm gonna try the race 93 sometime next week.

It's definitely worth the wait.
When you order the 93 Race Tune ask Doug to include the Automatic Transmission Tune also.

Its awesome.
I already got the 93 Race with the combo, and Doug knows I have an Auto since I put that in my order!!
I'm not sure what you are reffering to?
Old 09-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

It's worth the wait, you'll be real pleased with that combo.....
BTW Saddleup, your car Barks..........Now it will be able to BITE!!!!
Old 09-09-2007, 08:51 AM
balli

So I ordered the 87 Perf, 89 Torque, and 93 Race.
What's the diff with the 93 race tune vs say the 93 torque or 93 Perf?
Old 09-09-2007, 09:58 AM
CFLstangGT
2nd Gear Member

ok, so i believe this to be my next mod.

I think that I will go with the 87 tune, 93 Torque, and 93 Performance.

So is this as easy as TacoBill made it to be, my only worry is when taking it into the dealer for work and if they tinker with the PCM. Sounds like you have to be a bit savvy or you get screwed.

Now, my question in an 07 5-spd with only a K&N CAI worth doing it to this early? I have the 3.55 rear axle...

thanks gents, sorry for the hi-jack
Old 09-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CFLstangGT

So is this as easy as TacoBill made it to be, my only worry is when taking it into the dealer for work and if they tinker with the PCM. Sounds like you have to be a bit savvy or you get screwed.

Now, my question in an 07 5-spd with only a K&N CAI worth doing it to this early? I have the 3.55 rear axle...

Yes it's that simple, just make sure you check your cal code before reloading the tune after a dealer trip it is in the menu. IMHO K&N isnt worth the money and I wouldnt buy one you will just end up changing for another. C&L, JLT, Steeda are probably the top 3 along with airaid, and bbk right behind them, you wont see any real performance difference between those. With a cai/tune you should revert back to stock before going to the dealer but it's all pretty easy and doesnt take much time. Do it you wont be dissapointed.

Sadlleup you should just order your gears now you'll want them after the cai and tune install. Keep us posted I'll be waiting for results
Old 09-09-2007, 10:37 AM
CFLstangGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mikes_BLK_GT

ORIGINAL: CFLstangGT

Yes it's that simple, just make sure you check your cal code before reloading the tune after a dealer trip it is in the menu. IMHO K&N isnt worth the money and I wouldnt buy one you will just end up changing for another. C&L, JLT, Steeda are probably the top 3 along with airaid, and bbk right behind them, you wont see any real performance difference between those. With a cai/tune you should revert back to stock before going to the dealer but it's all pretty easy and doesnt take much time. Do it you wont be dissapointed.

Sadlleup you should just order your gears now you'll want them after the cai and tune install. Keep us posted I'll be waiting for results
I went with the K&N simply because a fellow member bought the CnL and I got a smoking deal on the K&N, figured why not for the small amount of money. I too would have gone with something else, but for now it does the job.

As for axle, are you thinking that I want to go to a shorter gear. I think that eventually a 3.73ish gear would be the sweet spot for me. not sure though.
Old 09-09-2007, 10:54 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I midread then though you were looking into buying one, cant see a reason to wait on the tune. The gear comment was for the OP.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:57 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bluestar

It's worth the wait, you'll be real pleased with that combo.....
BTW Saddleup, your car Barks..........Now it will be able to BITE!!!!
Lol.......can't wait to see how much of a bite it is going to have......

Gears??? Dude......I don't know a thing about gears.....all I know is......do I want 3.73 or do I want 4.10's???