Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Suspension kit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 09:46 PM
speedmonkey3591

Default Best Suspension kit?

I have a manual 07 mustang gt, and instead of adding to the power like most people start with, I'd rather try and fix the flaws in the car. I'd preffer getting a suspension kit since the parts are engineered together and I don't have the experience to try and pick and choose different parts my self.

At first I was looking at the roushe kit, but then I heard that the Saleen kit is even better for improving handling, on top of it being about half the price.

Does anybody have anything they can add on? Right now it seems like the saleen is the better choice, but I may be completely wrong. I'd appreciate any more information about these 2 kits, and any possible suggestions about other kits that may be better. Thanks a lot.

Also, kind of off topic, but I was wondering what you guys with 07 mustang gts use for your gas? I'm using 91 right now, and I'm wondering if I'm over doing it or thats what I should be using.[align=left] [/align]
Old 09-10-2007, 12:16 AM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Best Suspension kit?

Depends how much money you want spend and if you want to lower your car or not. Rousch, Steeda and Saleen are probably higher priced than others. What do want your suspension to do?
Old 09-10-2007, 09:49 AM
06Redfire3V
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: speedmonkey3591

I have a manual 07 mustang gt, and instead of adding to the power like most people start with, I'd rather try and fix the flaws in the car. I'd preffer getting a suspension kit since the parts are engineered together and I don't have the experience to try and pick and choose different parts my self.

At first I was looking at the roushe kit, but then I heard that the Saleen kit is even better for improving handling, on top of it being about half the price.

Does anybody have anything they can add on? Right now it seems like the saleen is the better choice, but I may be completely wrong. I'd appreciate any more information about these 2 kits, and any possible suggestions about other kits that may be better. Thanks a lot.

Also, kind of off topic, but I was wondering what you guys with 07 mustang gts use for your gas? I'm using 91 right now, and I'm wondering if I'm over doing it or thats what I should be using.[align=left][/align]
for our cars it says unleaded only but if u have a 91tune, then use 91 but if not i would stay with your lower grade...87,89
Old 09-10-2007, 10:21 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Steeda FTW. Unless you have retuned for 91 there is no reason to be burning it.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:14 AM
Buddyweiser

Eibach makes a pro systems plus kit that sells for around a grand and includes anti roll bars f/r, dampers and lowering springs. Don't know how it performs but looks like the most affordable option.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:24 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

I have H&R Coilovers, H& R front and rear sway bars and BMR Upper and lower control arms....and I love it =)
Old 09-10-2007, 11:48 AM
bazguitarman
2nd Gear Member

If you really want the car to handle well then there`s really no pre-packaged kits out there worth the money. You have to cherry pick through what the different manufacturers offer. I`ve been doing a lot of research on suspension parts and put together a package that should offer about the best street handling you would ever need. Follow this link. Look at the bottom of the page for the long post I put up. I`ve listed descriptions, part #`s and prices to help out.

https://mustangforums.com/m_934501/mpage_12/tm.htm

This is not a cheap set up though. It`s about $2015.00 in parts, but will drastically improve your handling and launch. I ran this parts list by two very good race chassis builders and they both liked it. Check it out and see what you think.

Eric
Old 09-10-2007, 11:50 AM
Dex
5th Gear Member

i would do D Specs, Eibach pro kit, BMR LCA's, and maybe roush anti wheel hop, and maybe some sway bars
Old 09-10-2007, 12:45 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Suspension Mod By CrazyAl
Old 09-10-2007, 01:09 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

I bought the Roush kit, mainly because my Ford dealer had it in stock, and offered it to me for the same price as you US boys pay, and no shipping!!
I can't complain, its a very good kit, the car has very little body roll, and a decent ride.

Quick Reply: Best Suspension kit?