Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wish me luck with my new FREE mod...!

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 11:18 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Wish me luck with my new FREE mod...!

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie
ORIGINAL: Ford_Dude
I lost 8 lbs. of horsepower-eating flab these past 4 weeks, and will continue till I've lost about 30, which will put me back in fighting trim, and have the added bonus of making the Stang a little bit faster- for FREE.[sm=icon_rock.gif]
so whats your method?
Wish I could tell you I found some secret "fast & easy!" method, but it all boils down to simple (though annoying!) self-control: eating smaller portions of much healthier (low-fat or fat free) food, combined with serious exercise (gym, tennis and swimming) at least 4 or 5 days a week.
My wife is a trained nutricionist, so all I have to do is finally listen to her nagging and follow her sound advice- and it's working like a charm!
Stay tuned for my own private version of "The Biggest Loser".....

P.S. Thanks for your good wishes guys!
Oh so thats your secret that makes it easier
I can atleast kinda brag about having only 158 cholesterol

Makes it a bit easier- but requires just as much self-control (no cheating permitted except for once a month).
No more trips to my beloved "all you can eat" Chinese buffet, no more of my beloved so-called "lite" ice cream (from now on just a tiny bowl of zero fat Turkey Hill frozen yoghurt, no more snacking in front of the tv after dinner, etc.).

I would KILL for your cholesterol score dude- mine is 290....!
I was suprised too back in april the company I work for had a health fair which inculded a blood test (all optional) and about a month later we got these custom booklets showing all the stuff they tested
I was sure mine would be high (my Blood pressure is about 145/70) so when I saw my cholesterol I was like WOW
my ldl was also low and hdl (which should be higher) was low
I take 1000mg vitamin C, 1000 IU vitamin E, a centrum, a B150, and an omaga 3 almost everyday
Old 09-10-2007, 11:27 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

I lost 8 lbs. of horsepower-eating flab these past 4 weeks, and will continue till I've lost about 30, which will put me back in fighting trim, and have the added bonus of making the Stang a little bit faster- for FREE.[sm=icon_rock.gif]
so whats your method?
Wish I could tell you I found some secret "fast & easy!" method, but it all boils down to simple (though annoying!) self-control: eating smaller portions of much healthier (low-fat or fat free) food, combined with serious exercise (gym, tennis and swimming) at least 4 or 5 days a week.
My wife is a trained nutricionist, so all I have to do is finally listen to her nagging and follow her sound advice- and it's working like a charm!

Makes it a bit easier- but requires just as much self-control (no cheating permitted except for once a month).
No more trips to my beloved "all you can eat" Chinese buffet, no more of my beloved so-called "lite" ice cream (from now on just a tiny bowl of zero fat Turkey Hill frozen yoghurt, no more snacking in front of the tv after dinner, etc.).

I was suprised too back in april the compainy I work for had a health fair which inculded a blood test (all optional) and about a month later we got these custom booklets showing all the stuff they tested
I was sure mine would be high (my Blood pressure is about 145/70) so when I saw my cholesterol I was like WOW
I take 1000mg vitamin C, 1000 IU vitamin E, a centrum, a B150, and an omaga 3 almost everyday

Oddly enough, even though I'm about 30 lbs. overweight (and 57 years old), my blood pressure last week was a fantastic 114 / 80, which would even be excellent for a 20 year-old jock!
That's probably because I've always been very active in various sports even though my weight s l o w l y crept up on me over the past 10 years.
My dangerously high cholesterol score is mostly hereditary (same as my mom's- who never been even 1 lb. overweight her entire life!).
Old 09-10-2007, 11:38 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

so whats your method?

I was suprised too back in april the compainy I work for had a health fair which inculded a blood test (all optional) and about a month later we got these custom booklets showing all the stuff they tested
Oddly enough, even though I'm about 30 lbs. overweight (and 57 years old), my blood pressure last week was a fantastic 114 / 80, which would even be excellent for a 20 year-old jock!
That's probably because I've always been very active in various sports even though my weight s l o w l y crept up on me over the past 10 years.
My dangerously high cholesterol score is mostly hereditary (same as my mom's- who never been even 1 lb. overweight her entire life!).
I'm not realy sure why I have low cholesterol my mom has high cholesterol but shes not overweight my dad is overweight (I don't know how his cholesterol is)
I used to be skinny (10years ago) and I just wasn't interested in sports so I slowly gained weight
some time I need to find something to be active in so I can lose weight
after working at the houston rodeo for 15 days straight (8-12 hours a day)I lost 30LB I was running around the stadium constantly I even had to get a new belt or punch a hole in my current belt at the time
I gained the weight back over a few months but my waist stayed the same
Old 09-11-2007, 12:17 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Be REALLY careful with that Atkins diet bro- it's a dangerous "quick fix" fad diet, and almost everyone who's been on it has gained back everything they lost (and usually more) as soon as they got off it!
Throw out the Atkins method along with the junk food, and plan a safe balanced long-term healthy diet that you'll be able to stick with as a permanant lifestyle change (along with exercise).
Losing too fast is never good, and it's actually better not to lose more than 2 lbs. a week if you really want to keep it off.
Huh? My dad did atkins in 1999 and he's kept off every pound (about 75 lbs. lost). I think the key thing that you typed was that everyone gained the weight back AS SOON AS THEY GOT OFF IT. If you doANY diet, and then go back to eating the way you did before, then you'll gain the weight back. I'll be sticking with the Atkins method. Losing 30 lbs in two months and feeling great (more energy than I've ever had in my life) is reason enough for me to stick with it,as well asmy Dad's success. For me, Atkins is a permenant lifestyle change. If you read the book, you'll see that you don't starve yourself of carbs (as many low carb dieters do, with negative effects), you just limit yourself to the amount of carbs your body NEEDS to maintain a healthy weight. As for losing too fast, my dad lost his 75 lbs. in less than 6 months, and he really kept it off. Besides, track season is coming up. I need to lose weight fast to help those ETs!
Old 09-11-2007, 12:20 AM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024
Be REALLY careful with that Atkins diet bro- it's a dangerous "quick fix" fad diet, and almost everyone who's been on it has gained back everything they lost (and usually more) as soon as they got off it!
Throw out the Atkins method along with the junk food, and plan a safe balanced long-term healthy diet that you'll be able to stick with as a permanant lifestyle change (along with exercise).
Losing too fast is never good, and it's actually better not to lose more than 2 lbs. a week if you really want to keep it off.
Huh? My dad did atkins in 1999 and he's kept off every pound (about 75 lbs. lost). I think the key thing that you typed was that everyone gained the weight back AS SOON AS THEY GOT OFF IT. If you doANY diet, and then go back to eating the way you did before, then you'll gain the weight back. I'll be sticking with the Atkins method. Losing 30 lbs in two months and feeling great (more energy than I've ever had in my life) is reason enough for me to stick with it,as well asmy Dad's success. For me, Atkins is a permenant lifestyle change. If you read the book, you'll see that you don't starve yourself of carbs (as many low carb dieters do, with negative effects), you just limit yourself to the amount of carbs your body NEEDS to maintain a healthy weight. As for losing too fast, my dad lost his 75 lbs. in less than 6 months, and he really kept it off. Besides, track season is coming up. I need to lose weight fast to help those ETs!
you do know the inventer of Atkins died of a heart attack and there has been some evidence that connects the two
Old 09-11-2007, 12:34 AM
kevstang07GT
1st Gear Member

Heyyyyy....i've done the same free mod, too!!!
I was 227 at the start, I'm now down to 202-200.
I got 20 more to go.

I should gain about a tenth in the 1/4, lol.

I exercise everyday for 2 hours (90 minutes walking/jogging, 20 min. weight lifting, 10min. jump rope),
no soda, no fries, very rarely eat cheese, and if i do eat out i try to eat vegetarian. lots of water and very rarely eat snacks.
I try to only eat lean meat that i prepare. Lean steak, tuna, chicken, etc.

It sounds really harsh, but i actually don't miss burgers, coke, and fries anymore.
A veggie burrito and I'm good to go.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:39 AM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024
you do know the inventer of Atkins died of a heart attack and there has been some evidence that connects the two
LOL! I can't believe this rumor is still going around! [sm=icon_rofl.gif]
You do know that that's a ridiculous rumor and Dr. Atkins actually died when he slipped on a patch of ice while leaving his office and fractured his skull and there is little evidence linking skull fractures to the atkins diet.

Read, and learn: http://curezone.com/art/read.asp?ID=...;db=7&C0=6
See? It's good to educate ourselves.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:47 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

good job!
Old 09-11-2007, 07:46 AM
QatarStang
4th Gear Member

Good job! By the way, the 2lb a week rule doesnt necessarily apply in your case (both GT Newbie and the going doing atkins), that rule is more for people who already have a decently low bodyfat and just want to get more definition. If you have more than say 20lbs of extra flab (note I said extra, not 20lbs of total fat), than youre fine to lose as much a week as youd like, just make sure you also do some lifting so that your strength doesnt go away with the weight.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:56 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Eat Healthy and excerise? I don't know about all that, sounds like alot of work to me

Quick Reply: Wish me luck with my new FREE mod...!