Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xenon Rear Fascia... no good..

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 05:50 AM
jerimiahy16
2nd Gear Member

Default Xenon Rear Fascia... no good..

I got the Xenon Rear Fascia from California Mustang and there are no clips/holes for the sidelights... I need these lights for state inspection. Any suggestions?

PS I ripped up my box so unfortunately this is going to be a difficult return if I do. From the picture below I didn't see the lack of side lights....

Old 09-11-2007, 01:32 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Xenon Rear Fascia... no good..

Are you sure that is illegal? I thought it was legal to delete non essential lights such as side markers and bumper lights, as long as the hole is completely gone. Gone as in covered and smoothed over, which no trace left of its existence, which your new bumper is.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:11 PM
jerimiahy16
2nd Gear Member

I can double check with the DMV I suppose. However I was told by a few different 'car guys' one of which a body guy that it's required for state inspection.

Also is it just me or does their picture hide the fact that the side light isn't there?
Old 09-11-2007, 03:15 PM
torch red
4th Gear Member

Dont sweat it..No body will pick that up..out of site out of mind..
Old 09-11-2007, 03:35 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Well since the tail lamps don't wrap around like the front signals do, you have to have those. Since late 1968 boys and girls!
I could be wrong but the law says that you have to be able to see lights,front and rear, from the side of the car. Not 3/4 angle.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:49 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

Looks like Pascal is right

Sidemarker lights In North America, amber front and red rear sidemarker lamps and retroreflectors are required. The law initially required lights or retroreflectors on vehicles made after 1 January 1968. This was amended to require lights and retroreflectors on vehicles made after 1 January 1970. These side-facing devices make the vehicle's presence, position and direction of travel clearly visible from oblique angles. The lights are wired so as to illuminate whenever the vehicles' parking and taillamps are on, including when the headlamps are being used.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automot...emarker_lights
Old 09-11-2007, 04:10 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: Pantera72

Looks like Pascal is right

Sidemarker lights In North America, amber front and red rear sidemarker lamps and retroreflectors are required. The law initially required lights or retroreflectors on vehicles made after 1 January 1968. This was amended to require lights and retroreflectors on vehicles made after 1 January 1970. These side-facing devices make the vehicle's presence, position and direction of travel clearly visible from oblique angles. The lights are wired so as to illuminate whenever the vehicles' parking and taillamps are on, including when the headlamps are being used.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automot...emarker_lights

Thanks Pantera.
I was almost sure (99%) but someone would jump at me and tear me a new one if I ever was wrong! And I agree with you about the moderation thingon the other topic by the way.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:23 PM
Pantera72
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pascal

Thanks Pantera.
I was almost sure (99%) but someone would jump at me and tear me a new one if I ever was wrong! And I agree with you about the moderation thingon the other topic by the way.
Yeah, its does get out of hand every so often, and it seems as though there are never any moderators around when it does. Anyway, love the car, especially the hood blackout and shaker. She is screaming for some clear corners on the front bumper though.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Zrz11386
2nd Gear Member

I feel as though if you went with the Xenon rear fascia, no one would flag you for the side markers not being there, i dont even notice them any more, and my 1988 olds cutlass had the side lights, but the bulbs burned out, and i never bothered replacing them because i didnt think they were needed, and never had an issue with the law.....
Old 09-11-2007, 04:35 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I appreciate the compliments...
I was looking into those clear signals. I got 2sets coming for a customer in Belgium. They have to have non-orange marking lights to pass inspection over there.
As soon as they come in, I'll try 'em on my car and keep one set if I like it.
Here's a pic of the black out trunk, since you liked the hood.

Quick Reply: Xenon Rear Fascia... no good..