Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can someone help a girl out??

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 02:56 PM
offrdmania
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Can someone help a girl out??

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Better yet, go looking on line in your area. Way better than stepping onto a lot looking for something they may not have.

I'm currently looking for just the right 05-06 Nissan Titan Crew Cab SE Black or Charcoal with the audio package and captains power seats and chrome trim. I'm being very picky but I'm also not in a big rush. When I find the one I want, I will simply call in advance, let them know what I'm willing to pay for it (reasonable of course) and tell them if they want my business to have the paper work waiting for me when I get there. I already have preapproval from my bank. No GAP insurance, no extra insurance to cover my payments if i can't make the payment, reasonable extended warranty. That's it.

Take your time, do you research. I can tell you tehre are certainly more used mustangs out there than titans!
Quick word of advice, buy an 07 Titan. Up through 06 the truck still had problems with the rearend heat issue, transfer case issues (4x4 models) and the thin brake rotors which warped due to the wrong compound of pad. Everything was worked out in the 07 models.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:57 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

Funny thing about car salesmen is that a good majority of them don't know what they are talking about. Study up a little before going in and then make sure you get what YOU want. Another good tip is to never except the first numbers they put on the table. Even if you are buying new, you can still get them to come down on the price. Also, they will try to give you a higher APR on your loan than what you are actually qualified for. Check your credit before buying and make sure you are getting a fair rate. My favorite thing to do is to threaten to go somewhere else if they won't budge on their price. It really burns them up and they usually end up coming down on price. If they don't, then it's off to the next dealer.

Take your time, and you'll end up with a decent deal on a great car!
Old 09-12-2007, 02:59 PM
A_J
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Lees07GT

It's not all because you are a female. I get the same misinformation when I shop for cars, as well. It's mostly because car salesmen DON"T KNOW their product like they should. They move around from one dealership to another, never becoming the expert on the the models they are selling. And like others have said, they just want to sell something and they would prefer to sell something already on the lot. Just be determined to wait until you find the car you want and don't be SOLD on something else.
Sad but true - I had to tell them what options are available on a car they sell!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:00 PM
skillful
2nd Gear Member

Find the zipcode of the dealership that you want to do business with and look at "whypaysticker.com" & "belowinvoice.com" if you want something new. Thats how I got mine. But now they are a dime a dozen. Just have to find out what you actually want and go from there. If your dead set on something than dont take anything else. Just say no thanks,thats not what Im looking for...

PS dont get the shaker 1000 unless you can work that OUT of the price. $1300 can get you ALOT better than stock!!!

I bought mine from Brandon Ford, little south of Tampa / St Pete. Largest mustang dealer on the east coast. Great place.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:02 PM
Clemsongirl07

I only was going for an 06 bc it was alittle more affordable. I'm thinking to get the options I want I may have to get an 07 though. I really appreciate everyone's input and I'm beyond excited to be buying a mustang!!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:04 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

stop making multiple posts on the same topic if you really want help.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:05 PM
nkx1
2nd Gear Member

Here is what I would do (and what I did do when I bought mine two months ago):

1. Find the car you want at the price you want, either through newspaper ads or through carsdirect.com. You can also try the Ford website to search the inventory of dealers near you. Then call the dealer ahead of time and verify that they have it in stock and at the price you want. Note the name of the salesperson.

2. Arrange financing ahead of time with your credit union or bank, and get a pre-approval letter. That way, you don't have to put up with the dealer's financing shenanigans, and you will usually get a better rate.

3. Go to the dealer, test drive the car if you like, and get ready to talk numbers. BRING YOUR LAPTOP and have an MS Excelloan calculator spreadsheetready.[/b] The spreadsheet I used had four different loan calculators on the same sheet, so I could compare up to four financing options at once. The dealer will try to confuse you (and even lied to me) about how much different financing options will cost. A loan calculator will thwart their efforts on trying to rip you off and/or confuse you.

4. Agree on a price and buy the car. **Keep in mind that the finance person will try to sell you warranties, etc. The car already has a 5yr/60,000 powertrain warranty, so I would skip any extra warranties they try to sell you. Also, the finance person will try to tack on ridiculoue/extra fees, and will probably try to slip them by you without noticing. Again, this is where your loan calculator will come in very handy to ensure you do not get ripped off. I was able to call them out on more than a few fees they tried to tack on, which I insisted that they remove.

The key tool here is the laptop or PDA with a loan calculator- this will ensure that you do not pay added fees, or worse yet, get screwed somehow on the financing. Also, don’t trade in your old car. Sell it private party. You will probably get twice as much for it.

If anyone needs the Excel spread sheet I was talking about, shoot me a pm with your e-mail and I’ll send it to you. Or you can try google- that’s where I found it.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:11 PM
Lees07GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: A_J

ORIGINAL: Lees07GT

It's not all because you are a female. I get the same misinformation when I shop for cars, as well. It's mostly because car salesmen DON"T KNOW their product like they should. They move around from one dealership to another, never becoming the expert on the the models they are selling. And like others have said, they just want to sell something and they would prefer to sell something already on the lot. Just be determined to wait until you find the car you want and don't be SOLD on something else.
Sad but true - I had to tell them what options are available on a car they sell!
Yep. It's fun to tell the salesman the exact options you want and why you want them. Thenjust watch as a glazed expression comes over his face as he quickly realizes you, the buyer,know more about the item he is selling than he does.... See, car buying can be fun!
Old 09-12-2007, 03:15 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

did u want new or used?
Old 09-12-2007, 03:16 PM
noonyb
1st Gear Member

Sheese, if you would read her other post someone recommended she should post her question in the 05+ section. Which is probably why you see a second post, not like she asked the same question 5 times.

Quick Reply: Can someone help a girl out??