Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED Tail-Lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 08:15 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: LED Tail-Lights

Would they work with sequential light modules?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:07 AM
DriWashSolutions
2nd Gear Member

I've got a set of LED's on my '65, mainly because the original brake/parking lights are so dim. They're behind the original red lens, so it's really impossible to tell they're LED until they light up. I agree, the LED are much brighter, and personally, I kinda like the instant on/instant off of the LED too - certainly helps in making the lights more visible to folks behind you.

If the lenses remain red, I don't see how they're "ricey" at all.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:53 AM
eric6913
2nd Gear Member

people on this forum consider them ricey because led taillights didnt exisit back the the 60's and 70's. doesnt go with the "retro" theme apparently. many people on this forum are ver, very narrow minded, but then again thats a typical american for you anyways.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:02 AM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Those are actually some pretty decent looking replacement taillights. I would not call LED Taillight Ricer, although i have seen a few that were very ugly. That has been more the Euro tail look. Like this.

I have been searching for LED Taillights for my F-150 for years and finally found a set and they look great and they work fantastic.

If i remember correctly though the LED tails will NOT work with the sequential.

Richard

Old 09-17-2007, 11:31 AM
timothyrw
3rd Gear Member

ya know i was agreeing with you until the very end.

you need to take that 'typical american' narrow-minded B.S. somewhere else...

ORIGINAL: eric6913

people on this forum consider them ricey because led taillights didnt exisit back the the 60's and 70's. doesnt go with the "retro" theme apparently. many people on this forum are ver, very narrow minded, but then again thats a typical american for you anyways.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Tubra
2nd Gear Member

Hey, I don't think they look rice at all, they look stock
Old 09-17-2007, 12:29 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 0NF1R

LMAO i have this setup for my rear lights i love them......i get compliments on them all the timefrom other 05-08 stang owners when they see em....

As far as being rice, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, BUT id simply have to disagree on grounds that they practically keep the stock look for the most part but use LEDs which will last longer and are like 10X brighter.....most modern day cars coming out are all going with LEDs because they dont require bulbs or use much power and they are brighter.......

hereis a pic...i have one taken in the dark but it is really bright and blurs the pic when i take it...

i seen these. they look sharp!
Old 09-17-2007, 12:53 PM
stanglov5

ORIGINAL: acascianelli

Would they work with sequential light modules?
[/align][/align][/align][/align]Yes i bolive you can.[/align]
Old 09-17-2007, 12:56 PM
stanglov5

ORIGINAL: 0NF1R

LMAO i have this setup for my rear lights i love them......i get compliments on them all the timefrom other 05-08 stang owners when they see em....

As far as being rice, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, BUT id simply have to disagree on grounds that they practically keep the stock look for the most part but use LEDs which will last longer and are like 10X brighter.....most modern day cars coming out are all going with LEDs because they dont require bulbs or use much power and they are brighter.......

hereis a pic...i have one taken in the dark but it is really bright and blurs the pic when i take it...

[/align][/align][/align][/align]Well 24yrs. old an lov the oldskool but i lov this look an i wanted 2 go oem. SO this pic is what i wanted. So my answer is yes im going for it thanks !!!!!!!!!!!![/align]
Old 09-17-2007, 01:08 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I notice how people love to dish out the "rice" comments online. Think any of those people would say the same thing in person? I see huge crowds around cars, including Mustangs, at the autoshows that have led everything, Lambo doors, huge rear wings, etc.
I know which led taillights they were thinking about, I bet. Where they these?

Anyway, I like ONF1R's best!

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/98E9C9CE57C24A33BF578066C39B5943.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: LED Tail-Lights