Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

07 mustang GT Trans Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 04:04 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

Default 07 mustang GT Trans Problems

Hey guys whats up, I've been reading and learning on this site for a long time now and just recently got the chance to register.... ok so the question,
well in july i bought a 07 mustang Gt and i've got 2100 miles on it and since i have had the car i've had to go to the dealership a bunch of times already to have things fixed..... blown right door speaker and kept getting a SES light which after 3 visits turned out to be a bad motor on the intake runner position sensor........ these i was going to the dealership with 600 miles on the car. After these were replaced everything was fine......... untill last week, i noticed oil stains in the garage in the center of the car, when i took it the car in they said it was a bad rear seal on the trans and ordered the part....... so wednesday i brought the car in and they replaced the seal, well today i get home from work and notice the damn oil on the floor again.....WTF??? Are these trans that bad or is there a biggier problem with my trans? I know somethings not right and now gonna have to wait till tuesday before i can get the car in again.... any suggesetions??
Old 09-14-2007, 04:13 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 07 mustang GT Trans Problems

The thing i really am pissed at is this is my 3rd new car and i've been treating this car like a baby and this is what i get...ahhh my 01 v6 mustang never gave me 1 problem and that had 13 grand in mods on it.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:16 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Auto or Stick?The manualtrannys usually crap out syncros and after some miles will develop a faint rattle which I suspect is the throwout bearing or maybe an input shaft bearing. When I save enough dough I plan on swappin a out for a viper specT-56 or TR6060(when the viper spec is avail). Only thing I like about manual trannys are the first 4 gear ratio.s
Old 09-14-2007, 04:18 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

its a manual and its only got 2000 miles on it. Now that the cars got some miles on it, i dont drive an old lady but i dont beat the car at all...... very fustrating especailly on a new car. But i am gonna do the t-56 swap in the future too.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:21 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

i gotta admit the trans on this car is very loud during gear changes but i was told tremics are like that and they are very strong trans's
Old 09-14-2007, 04:27 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

Another funny thing i was told by the dealership was that they dont get to many mustangs in for repairs and when they do its minor stuff......... i told them i guess im making up for everyone lol, well any thoughts guys??
Old 09-14-2007, 04:31 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

the rear main I would think is the rear main seal on the back of the engine and the trany has to be removed to replace the seal
is the oil red or brown/black
red = trany fluid
brown/black = motor oil/older motor oil
Old 09-14-2007, 04:34 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

the oil is like a really transparent brownish color, the oil os dripping in the center of the car, according to the mech its where the driveshaft is connected
Old 09-14-2007, 04:36 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

the oil isnt no where near the motor, when they had my car up, i went to that a look and the drip was very little but it was dripping and was the rear seal on the trans. I dont know, im just getting sick of going to the dealership already, i've had the car since july and had the car in the shop about ten times already.
Old 09-14-2007, 04:39 PM
TimeForPain
2nd Gear Member

also, the oil is very thick, so im thinking it cant be motor oil, the motor oil is 5w20 right? and thats pretty thin, isnt the tranny fluid pretty thick?

Quick Reply: 07 mustang GT Trans Problems