Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Center Caps

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 02:25 PM
mlcrycc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Center Caps

ORIGINAL: howarmat

http://www.partscheap.com/mustangaccessories05.htm

56+ shipping....I did get the onys from AM and they dont take a whole lot of work to get them out but no one has taken mine inthe 1 year that i have owned them.
+1 Parts Cheap.....

Old 09-15-2007, 02:42 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

Somewhere I read there is a disc that fits within the caps' prongs and prevents them contracting so the cap will not be take-offable from the outside. The story I read mentioned Home Depot as a source.

You'd have to decide if the likelihood of losing some paint off the wheels in aborted attempts is worth foiling the loss of what would probably be a damaged cap after the process.

I wore my original 16" rims to the drags last week, and they told me the spinners had to come off. I said, "I'll try to figure out how to get them off ... " The guy reached over and tilted the nearest spinner by one of its ears, and Pop! there it was. He said he was a parts guy at a Ford place, and they lose a dozen a week off the lot, if they don't remember to take them off and put them in the locked cars overnight.

My caps (both on the GT Bullits and original V6 wheels) are all blue Ford oval. I don't really care about Pony or not, but I would like to get vinyl overlays for the centers, in my choice of designs. For instance, a black circle with Mustang Forums around the edge, or MF in the middle. Or If You Can Read This You Have Too Much Time On Your Hands.

Any entrepreneurs out there?

Old 09-16-2007, 01:14 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I had someone take just one of my spinners, or else it somehow fell off.
Cost a lot to replace, but they just look so much better than the stock blue Ford ovals that came with the car.
The prices really vary so keep searching.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15212/D4DCAB665AEB4CE79E14D9BEAD21887F.jpg[/IMG]