Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Good Auto Body Shops in SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2007, 05:37 AM
zep06
2nd Gear Member

Default Good Auto Body Shops in SoCal

So i was on imperial at about 4 and dented my quarter. got all his info and got my claim started.. but i was wondering about good body shops... because i dont want to take my car to just any tom dick or harry. i dont want no ****ty bondo. i actually live more north like by carlsbad, vista, or oceanside. let me know where you guys would take it.

Old 09-15-2007, 07:02 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Good Auto Body Shops in SoCal

My Sister-in-Law backed into my car, left rear quarter panel at the wheel! [:@] I haven't dealt with body shops for years (SF Bay Area) and I figured it would never be the same. I didn't have any breaking in the paint, no real deep dents, so my head immediately latched onto Dent Pro from what I have heard over the years.

Five days later it was back, unbelievable to me, I couldn't tell the car had been offended. They did have to remove the dents, they did have to paint more than just the offended area. But, with the new paints and stuff since the last time I visited a body ship, some 20 years, it was GREAT! He said the work was gauranteed for the life of the car, its been a few months and I still can't tell, but in the interim I've moved to North Carolina so the warranty isn't going to be helping me.

On the downside, the owner pointed out that it was still the labor and the painter that does the job, and he felt his people were artists. In fact he had to hire another guy for the easy work cause the "artist" couldn't leave well enough alone and made every job a work of art. Turns out he was the guy that did my '05 Screaming Yellow GT.

I hope someone in your area gives you a winner shop!
Old 09-15-2007, 04:23 PM
jeffsmachine

Default RE: Good Auto Body Shops in SoCal

Try one of those paintless dent removing guys first.Even if you will need to paint the damaged area later,You will get a better repair job, because there wont be any bondo.
I think a name of one of the companys that does this is The Dent Dr.They come to your place and give free estimates.I found a guy in the sanfernando valley that was independant, and was recommended by a used car dealer (they use these guys a lot)
He did a great job and it was amazing to watch how it was done.I was lucky in that I didnt have to have it painted when he was done, and this was a dent that caved in about half of my front fender.A year ago,I had him remove all the door dings from my girlfriends car, and he didnt even have to remove any interior trim to access the dents. He has long skinny rods that he slips into areas and massages the dings out.
jeff