Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hey anyone!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 11:14 PM
seanmc

Default hey anyone!

hey everyone i dont own a mustang right now but i really really want one. I cant afford the brand new GT but thats what i want a 05-07 GT the only way i can afford one is used. So i was woundering if anyone has had any problems with thier stang after putting some miles on it. I would like to get one with low miles but im just afraid to get one and start driving it and all the sudden has all these problems so anyone tips or warnings or any info would be great! thanks guys...
Old 09-16-2007, 11:20 PM
olvanish
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: hey anyone!

Before I answer that, have you considered leasing one or possibly gettinga bottom line GT with cloth seats, single CD player with no mp3 option etc. I got mine like that for 23.5k and a fully loaded used one with 20 k miles or so will be about a thousand cheaper so think about it.
To answer your question though it all depends on how lucky you are. Someties people get a brand new Camry and it starts giving them ish on the firstweek. Some people drive 10 year old Hyundays and have no problems with them. Overall, GT is pretty decent when it gets to reliability.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:27 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

How much are you looking to spend? if you shop around, there alot of hungery dealers that wana sell.

I trust the GTs, but i some time worry about people...lol
Old 09-17-2007, 12:02 AM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

I got my brand new GT with cloth seats and auto trans for $23,800. A guy I know bought the exact same car in manual for $32,000.

Just shop around. You can afford a new car. Just buy the thing and you'll find the money somewhere.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:49 AM
ModernMuscle
2nd Gear Member

I have 38,400 miles, and due to what seems to be the previous owners bad bad hard shifting, my tranny is the only problem, but thats about to be fixed.
Now she just sits in the garage waiting for a good clear day
Old 09-17-2007, 12:02 PM
seanmc

hey guys thanks for the responses i actually got a quote from the online manager for 26k and that was for cloth seats and just the base GT model and i was dissapointed becasue i saw some used ones for about $19500-22k and i was thinking for that price diffrenece mid as well get used. I was looking to spend about 23k and i was happy to hear about fords 0% financing but when he told me 26 i walked out of the dealer....and he was telling me how hard it was to get one with a manual tranny but id prolly be happy with either transmission and i also contacted another dealer and they gave me the price of 26k also...
Old 09-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Feng Houzi
3rd Gear Member

i HAD a new 06 V6, traded it in for a used 05 GT. DONT GO NEW!!! The depreciation is pathetic! my 05 is still worth what it was when i paid for it, my 06 dropped considerably... some might say it was due to the V6 engine, could be, but depreciation sucks! Getting a used GT isn't bad, just inspect the vehicle, drive it, listen to it, turn the radio off when you drive it and listen for any little noise, have someone who knows cars go with you, also if anything is wrong have them fix it prior to purchase or at least write it down that they will fix it later. Another thing, if the miles are still pretty low, the warranty should be good, i bought my GT with 11,000 miles on it, ive still got until next july to break it, and 17,000 more miles to go! Used isn't bad, it is nice to own a new car, but cheaper to own used...
Old 09-17-2007, 12:20 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

You have to go in there with the attitude that you are looking at Mustangs as your second choice. Whatever they offer you, make them think you're not interested in that price. Tell them you are looking at a used C5 Vette that you found for $23,000.....and the only reason you haven't bought it already is because you are afraid of the high insurance cost.

This is the stunt I pulled. I told them my friend in the Marines was going to sell me his Vette because he had to move to Germany. After talking to them about 20 minutes, they came down from $27,100 to $23,800.

If they have '07s on the lot, they will want to get rid of them to make room for '08s. You don't have to really say much, just let them keep bringing the price down.

Also, stay away from dealerships that have a lot of high-end cars...GT500, Saleen, Roush, Foose, etc. Find a dealership that has a lot of Mustangs but mostly stock GTs and V6s.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:31 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

bought mine with 8500 miles and ot runs great, I have installed a tune and gears since I bought it.
Old 09-17-2007, 12:58 PM
BillyBobJoe
4th Gear Member

bought mine with 7K miles for 22,300 before fees and whatnot. Runs great. I've done a CAI/tune, UDPs, and control arms and the only problems I've noticed are my error

Quick Reply: hey anyone!