Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustangs and other muscle cars heading to NASCAR?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 01:26 AM
Sprzout
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustangs and other muscle cars heading to NASCAR?

ORIGINAL: Daniel60

ORIGINAL: americaniron

It's a shame that the toyota is the only car in nextel cup that is actually made in America.
It's a shame you drive a Mustang talking like that! Let me ask how do you verify that answer? Oh by the way if you want to brag about military service than join a real branch.[sm=loveeyes.gif]
Well, my understanding is that there's some Mustangs that are made in Canada...And last I'd heard, Canada's not America...And I believe that either the Challenger or the Camaro is supposed to be made in the Great White North as well.

At any rate, if the Busch series goes and starts running cars that are more like the production line cars, I might start watching it (provided I can actually get past the whole turning left bit).

I still think that they need to bring back the Trans-Am series...But the days of the AMX Javelins and Boss Mustangs winning races like that seem to be long gone, only to be replaced with the homogenized SCCA Club Racing.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:46 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

My Mustang was built in Flat Rock , Michigan and it doesn't carry Japanese parts. Thank you very much.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Maverick9110E
2nd Gear Member

id love to see the trans am series get some more sponsorship bux and become more popular as well, but in reality, this busch sereis is prob. our best hope.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:08 AM
MustangGT0405
5th Gear Member

+1 Trans Am. I would watch.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:31 AM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

If you want Trans Am style racing like the old days (or close to it), you've got it. It's called the Grand Am Koni Challenge, and the Mustangs are doing very well. Check it out at http://www.konichallenge.com/. As for ponycars in the Busch series, I think its a great idea for that series. The latest news is that they will use the "old" Nextel Cup chassis and put Mustang, Camaro, Challenger, etc. appearance bodies on them and, or course, they'll have their respective manufacturers engines and backing. I can see that becoming as popular as the Cup series.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:45 AM
frdfrst
2nd Gear Member

how true,auto tranny in s197s,made in france,gas pedal-canada,and the list goes on.as for nascar,they don't have a clue what the people paying the bills like.attendence falling last three yrs in a row.chase sucks.if i were a sponsor sinking my corp. money into a car,i pull out and go somewhere else.nhra no better now.little know fact:force developed a ford hemi last couple of years with ford and nhra banned it for comp. reasons.thing is the hemi's are't even chy. anymore.
Old 09-19-2007, 07:53 AM
dshlvrsn

Not made in America refers only to the current "models" used in NASCAR. Monte Carlo - Not made in America, Charger - Not made in America and what ever Ford model - Not made in America. The only car model in NASCAR exclusively produced in the 48 is the Camry. While this is a great podium for Toyota to yell from we all know that none of those NASCAR's have anything to do with the real world...
Old 09-19-2007, 08:59 AM
chain1
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: americaniron

It's a shame that the toyota is the only car in nextel cup that is actually made in America.
It's a shame you drive a Mustang talking like that! Let me ask how do you verify that answer? Oh by the way if you want to brag about military service than join a real branch.[sm=loveeyes.gif]
americaniron isright though,most oftheparts for our carsare made in Mexico and Canada. You can see it on the window of most of the showroom cars.It shows the percentage of parts made in the US. Don't worry though, you can still be a proud american....
Old 09-19-2007, 09:36 AM
rehtorb
1st Gear Member

Well if the bush series goes pony that would be a-mazing in my book!I think if toyota has to bring anything to the table it would have to be the supra, while many on this forum dont carefor imports you should know toyota plans on brining the supra back in 08-09 so we could very well see them in NASCAR and at the local stop light. rumor has it the top of the line coupe will have a 5.0 V8 with 450hp (that will prob last 300k miles[:@]). Dont get me wrong it kills me to see young people from my generation driving civics with fart cans but if there ever was an import that fit the bill of front engine rear wheel drive muscle car it was and may soon be the supra. Check out this link: 2008 Toyota Supra
Old 09-19-2007, 10:23 AM
Foots
1st Gear Member

My Mustang was built in Flat Rock , Michigan and it doesn't carry Japanese parts. Thank you very much.
Our Mustangs were built in the same place they build Mazdas. Who knows, but maybe they accidentally took some bolts from the Mazda bin and placed it in ours. lol

Quick Reply: Mustangs and other muscle cars heading to NASCAR?