Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

URGENT: Please advise me what action to take!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Nelsta21
1st Gear Member

Default RE: URGENT: Please advise me what action to take!

You need to outline what would make this right in your mind, then never back down from that decision. If I were in that position I would wait to hear what they are willing to do for me, then make additional demands. This way you are sure to get full compensation. Who knows what could have happened on that trip. Create the worst scenario and expect them to compensate you for that. You have to realize that they are by no means authorized to take your car for a joy ride. I had a friend that was a tech at pontiac, a good friend of his got fired on the spot for just taking a GTO out after maintenance that wasn't required for a test drive. The techs truly feel they are somewhat invincible when it comes to "checking" on their work. I am glad you are calling them out. Be sure to confront the tech that worked on your car as well. He should be present during the discussion. Please keep us upated becasuse I am weery about this every time I drop my car off anywhere. I would love to know how they respond to this outrageous action.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:53 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

Hooray for warranty work!!

BTW, is it possible they made a mistake on the correct mileage when checking the car in?

Nope- I checked it myself before dropping it off.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:54 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Is it possible to mess up the mileage if they were working with the transmission? IE.. I know back in the day the odometer was based off a cable and simply screwing with the cable could screw with the mileage.
Old 09-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

who cares if they "throw it away" they cant really do that,they're in trouble, not u,they didnt have the right to drive the car for that long, screw them, i agree with ohnoesaz, mention you;ll go to ford, attorney, let em know your serious
Old 09-20-2007, 01:55 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

ORIGINAL: buster

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

200 miles is ABSURD. It would take almost 5 hours of stop-and-go city driving to reach that mileage, and 3 hours of normal speed highway driving. There is NO WAY its from test driving!

I am SO ticked off right now after reading this.

Not only should there be compensation but there should be a very specific explanation and apology.

EDIT: Make sure you mention that you are going to Ford about this if you're not compensated properly. Maybe mention an attorney too.
NEVER threaten them....... they will automatically throw it away. Ask if they are going to stand behind their sales network, but don't threaten. DO NOT say that you will never buy another Ford either. You have to use alot of tack in this situation
+1...mentioning an attorney isnt going to get anything at this point. First give them a chance to explain, then see what they are going to do......you cant really put a number to 200+ miles and say i want that but they should compensate you in some way. Then if they plan on doing little or nothing, inform them you will be speaking to Ford about it. You want to be as nice as possible but yet get your point acroos to them. I would be furious also but expressing anger to them and demanding things dont usually help the matter.

How many days did they have it?
Old 09-20-2007, 02:00 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

ORIGINAL: buster

ORIGINAL: ohnoesaz

200 miles is ABSURD. It would take almost 5 hours of stop-and-go city driving to reach that mileage, and 3 hours of normal speed highway driving. There is NO WAY its from test driving!

I am SO ticked off right now after reading this.

Not only should there be compensation but there should be a very specific explanation and apology.

EDIT: Make sure you mention that you are going to Ford about this if you're not compensated properly. Maybe mention an attorney too.
NEVER threaten them....... they will automatically throw it away. Ask if they are going to stand behind their sales network, but don't threaten. DO NOT say that you will never buy another Ford either. You have to use alot of tack in this situation
+1...mentioning an attorney isnt going to get anything at this point. First give them a chance to explain, then see what they are going to do......you cant really put a number to 200+ miles and say i want that but they should compensate you in some way. Then if they plan on doing little or nothing, inform them you will be speaking to Ford about it. You want to be as nice as possible but yet get your point acroos to them. I would be furious also but expressing anger to them and demanding things dont usually help the matter.

How many days did they have it?
They just had it overnight!
I left it there yesterday afternoon at about 2:30 and the boss said it would be ready either thursday late afternoon or at the latest friday morning.
I was pleasantly surprised when they called me this morning at 11:00 to tell me that it was ready...........
Old 09-20-2007, 02:06 PM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

Whoa!......all that driving in one day? Someone had a really good time in your car...........
Old 09-20-2007, 02:06 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

I think 200 miles is ok to check an almost new trans... What if they drove it 10 miles and then gave it back, only for it to fail again while your driving? Ask them what the deal is....If they act like they don't know why there were so many miles put on, then I would worry. If they say its normal testing time then...it is what it is.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Drop Top 06
3rd Gear Member

I'm pretty sure you live somewhere near me... which stealership was it? Downs?
Old 09-20-2007, 02:09 PM
ohnoesaz
5th Gear Member

If they only repaired a leak then they don't need 200 miles. All they need is 10 miles to get it fully heated then let it sit and see if it leaks. Someone obviously had a great time taking his nasty girlfriend out or something like that.

Quick Reply: URGENT: Please advise me what action to take!