Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

URGENT: Please advise me what action to take!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 02:37 PM
americaniron
5th Gear Member

Default RE: URGENT: Please advise me what action to take!

I had a nissan truck, with just 75 mi on the odometer. I had to take it to a pontiac dealer to get some minor body work done, after some idiot backed into me. When I got it back, it had 495 mi on it. I was upset. I still kept cool, and level headed about it and asked the dealership what they were going to do about it. There are many options open to you. The better buisness bureau is just one. Don't put them on the defensive, because in the end, they don't want the bad publicity. In the end, they offered to pay me $500 in cash, and give me a one year supply of gas for free.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:54 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

ok, here's one question i would be asking...do they have a dyno? perhaps they put it on there and let it run for like 2 hours at 100mph to make sure the trans was OK...the 200 miles does NOT necessarily 100% mean they were driving it or up to no good. i'd say 95% chance they ARE up to no good...but there still is a small chance it's legit.

do they have video tapes at the dealership? also, i advise EVERYONE who leaves their car overnight at a dealership to ask where it'll be parked, and try to drive by at like 10pm and see if you see your car...if not, hmm. now if they say it'll be parked inside, well demand to see the security video. that's what i'd do.
Old 09-20-2007, 02:55 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

Hooray for warranty work!!

BTW, is it possible they made a mistake on the correct mileage when checking the car in?
+1
Didyou know the IN mileage for sureand not just whats on the paperwork?
I like to take a pic of the OD before releasing my stang to the stealership.

Maybe a Ferris Beuller and they let it run on jackstands for some sort of
sick twisted testing of their repairs?
Old 09-20-2007, 03:02 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: GT Newbie

They just had it overnight!
I left it there yesterday afternoon at about 2:30 and the boss said it would be ready either thursday late afternoon or at the latest friday morning.
I was pleasantly surprised when they called me this morning at 11:00 to tell me that it was ready...........
And its all warmed up and ready to go for you....
Exhaust pipesstill popping from cooling down....
Anew revised butt print in the drivers seat.....
And a few photo radar tickets in you future mail.....
Old 09-20-2007, 03:21 PM
REMMustang05
1st Gear Member

GOOD GREIF!! Thats a tank of gas for me! I've vowed to myself that the next time i take my car in that I'm bringing my camera and taking pictures of the mileage and have the time and date on there too.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Ok, I guess it is possible that a tech drove it like it was his job. But think about it. If you were getting paid for what you do, would you lose 4 hrs of pay for a joy ride? Or do you think work would notice you missing after 30 mins? Perhaps you simply made a mistake?? It could happen.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:41 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: drbobvs

Hooray for warranty work!!

BTW, is it possible they made a mistake on the correct mileage when checking the car in?

New development: the service manager just called me back saying that the odometer "in" reading WAS a mistake, and even though I'm pretty sure it was 5700 something, I didn't check it at that moment, but rather 3 days earlier when I filled up the tank, so it might have been 5800 somthing on wednesday.
If I'd have known that I'd be leaving it overnight I would have checked it for SURE, but it was totally unexpected, and I didn't check it at that moment (DAMN!!!).
What's more, he just called to tell me that he had my car on their video cameras with time stamps, and that it was up on the bridge yesterday at closing time, and still up there this morning at 8:30- at which time a tech took it for a 14 minute test drive before puttingit on on the bridge again to check that the leak was repaired.
Now I don't know WHAT to believe!
He told me to come in and look at the video for myself, which is what I will do as soon as I can (he said he'll put it on a disc for me).
Stay tuned for further developments...............[:'(]
Old 09-20-2007, 03:51 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

so anti climactic .....we wanted blood!
Old 09-20-2007, 03:59 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Drop Top 06

I'm pretty sure you live somewhere near me... which stealership was it? Downs?

Yes, Downs- and now it appears that there might have been a mistake with the odometer reading when I dropped it off (check my previous post), but I have no proof either way!
Also, the service manager just caled to tell me that he has my car on video, and that it was there all the time except for a 14 minute test drive (asked me to come back and see for myself), and he said the only mistake was not having the correct odometer readings on the invoice.
He just called back again a moment ago, and when I said can you prove that it was actually there ALL NIGHT on the lift, he said "yes!, it's on the video all night long until 8:32 this morning when it went out for a 14 minute test drive and then back up on the lift to doublechack that there was no more leak".

I will be delighted to see that video (next week), because I've been extremely happy with Downs so far, and want nothing more than to see PROOF that this was just a typo on the invoice, and was not some punkass kid-tech joyriding with his nasty girlfriend in MY baby.
Stay tuned for further developments........!
Old 09-20-2007, 04:07 PM
marcuskeeler
5th Gear Member

I think 200 miles is OK to check an almost new trans...
LMAO Yea, right. Even if it was acceptable to drive the car 200 miles, which it isn't, who will pay for that? The customer? "200 mile test - 5 hours @ $75 per hour"

No, you have these ferkers by the ***** and I suggest you squeeze real hard. I would go absolutely ballistic, probably be arrested for decking the Service manager.

Quick Reply: URGENT: Please advise me what action to take!