Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Automatic vs Manual Exhaust Sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 02:48 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: Automatic vs Manual Exhaust Sound

haha....an o/r h pipe with SLPs.....good luck!
Old 09-21-2007, 02:51 PM
GT Newbie
3rd Gear Member

My auto with GTA's sounds so sweet that I feel like grinning every time I gave 1/2 throttle or WOT (1/2 throttle sounds even better than WOT inside the car- but my wife says the WOT sound is just incredible when I drop her off and speed away).
I know what you mean about it shifting too fast (unless you go WOT, when mne shifts at 6250 r,p,m, after the FRPP tune), but like somenody else said- just shift it manually if you want to keep it in higher revs longer.
I drove only manuals for 31 years and enjoyed the feel of shifting- EXCEPT when there was traffic- and then I hated it (and there's way too much traffic here in Jersey most of the time), so now I'm one happy camper with my auto GT.
Old 09-21-2007, 02:53 PM
mdg
4th Gear Member

So you'd trade/sell your car for this simple reason? If you can swing it, go for it.
Old 09-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Drew47000000
3rd Gear Member

exactly, but the problem is you can never get a fair trade in a situation like this. Anytime you want to trade a car for the exact same car but with the opposite transmission the dealer will try to convince you that my trade is worth less because its a manual. They say well the reason im trading in for an auto proves that EVERYONE would rather have an auto. I've been through it in the past, and it sucks.... I wish I could have both transmissions....
Old 09-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Rubrignitz
5th Gear Member

I really debated whether to get a stick or auto. I tell you what, I've driven MANY manual trans cars and my new mustang is the smoothest shifting, smoothest clutch car I've ever had. I can ease her into 1st and with the power it has, basically idle along at 5-10mph in 1st gear up to 20mph. If I need to shift into 2nd even at 5-10mph and again, idle along until I get up to 20-30 mph.

Traffic has been no issue to me with my manual trans and hydraulic clutch that these cars have. A baby could drive it in traffic. And I drive up and down I-35 in Austin, TX every day 20 mile to work and back. Totally bumper to bumper and I've never thought I made the wrong choice in trans option.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Audioi
2nd Gear Member

I had the guys at Brenspeed set my Auto up to breath freely before shifting and its a nice brisk shift everytime. No more grandpa transmission and I Love it. Normally get nice chirps from 1-2-3 shifts under any load.
I am GLAD I got a Auto. Turned down a bunch of sticks, too much city traffic.
Old 09-22-2007, 02:37 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

well, considering every exotic has more power and paddle shifters, there's only one reason Ford wont give them to the Mustang: cost!
Old 09-22-2007, 08:01 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Audioi

I had the guys at Brenspeed set my Auto up to breath freely before shifting and its a nice brisk shift everytime.....
I was gonna suggest using a tuner to change your shift points. From what I've read, that's doable.
Old 09-22-2007, 09:48 AM
rogan01
3rd Gear Member

WTF????

Does anyone understand this?

"They say well the reason im trading in for an auto proves that EVERYONE would rather have an auto."

Please slap me hard... I have a 5-speed and love it - even in Miami traffic...

ORIGINAL: Drew47000000

exactly, but the problem is you can never get a fair trade in a situation like this. Anytime you want to trade a car for the exact same car but with the opposite transmission the dealer will try to convince you that my trade is worth less because its a manual. They say well the reason im trading in for an auto proves that EVERYONE would rather have an auto. I've been through it in the past, and it sucks.... I wish I could have both transmissions....
Old 09-22-2007, 10:10 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

ORIGINAL: rogan01

WTF????

Does anyone understand this?

"They say well the reason im trading in for an auto proves that EVERYONE would rather have an auto."

Please slap me hard... I have a 5-speed and love it - even in Miami traffic...

ORIGINAL: Drew47000000

Yea, WTF?? Turn around and slap me also....

Quick Reply: Automatic vs Manual Exhaust Sound