Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

claying

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 11:41 AM
skillful
2nd Gear Member

Default claying

I know this is the wrong section but wanna ask yall anyways. Ice clay bar...is it a liquid or what? Thought it was a solid bar. Was a Target and was looking at supplies and finally saw the Ice carwash. Looks and saw the clay kit and noticed it was a foam bad and liquid. Is that what everyone uses or not? And do you clay the entire car?...bumpers too?
Old 09-24-2007, 12:08 PM
xtremesaleen
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: claying

I was going to buy it (ice) this past weekend, its all three things in one.

I didnt get it, my husband swears by mothers. So thats what i used, i did the entire car.
Its time consuming so be prepared. It includes Clay bar, detailing spray and wax.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:18 PM
jerjan
4th Gear Member

Mothers is the one I used. Comes in a kit. It is a soft clay and it really works!
Old 09-24-2007, 12:20 PM
Vegasfilter
3rd Gear Member

right now im using Maguires glaze....its okay...im waiting for it to run out before i buy the clay bar.
Old 09-24-2007, 01:01 PM
sevenleaf
3rd Gear Member

I used the ICE liquid clay for a while and just recently switched to MaguiresClay Kit.

I love it. It was a night and day difference. Using the clay bar you can actually feel the crap being cleaned up. I used the ice liquid clay scrubbed pretty hard then the Maquires kit and it was a night and day difference. The iceliquid clay will shine your car up but it won't take the dirt and crap off the car.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:12 PM
FyouGitive
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sevenleaf

I used the ICE liquid clay for a while and just recently switched to MaguiresClay Kit.

I love it. It was a night and day difference. Using the clay bar you can actually feel the crap being cleaned up. I used the ice liquid clay scrubbed pretty hard then the Maquires kit and it was a night and day difference. The iceliquid clay will shine your car up but it won't take the dirt and crap off the car.

I had pretty much the same experience: the Liquid Clay speeds things up, makes for easy-on, easy-off, but the result doesn't compare with Meguiar's or Mother's genuine hand-job clay barring. Maybe the liquid would be a good maintenance operation after a good first cleaning with a bar, but if your finish needs clay bar, clay bar is the only thing that will do the job, seems to me.
Old 09-24-2007, 02:13 PM
skillful
2nd Gear Member

Well I always use Meguiars products. Just seen alot of talk about the Ice products. Always use the Meguiars gold class car wash and Meguiars wax. Havent waxed my car in a bit but its always clean. Want to spend a day detailing it but just wanted to know about the Ice stuff. Gotta wash it, then use clay kit, then want to polish and finally wax it.
Xtremesaleen...I agree, it is time consuming. Im to much of a perfectionist to not take the time. I just need to get a porter cable polisher so I can do it better and get a better look.
Sevenleaf...How much of a difference did you notice between the two?

BTW I have performance white for the color.

[IMG]local://upfiles/32503/EAE90997EE5D43C9B3D76552BF16A4A6.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-25-2007, 02:22 PM
skillful
2nd Gear Member

bump to anyone else with input.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:25 PM
lldsandsll
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FyouGitive

...Mother's genuine hand-job...
taken out of context, LOL!
Old 09-25-2007, 02:46 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

if you want cheap get clay magic clay bar.. works just as well as mothers and meguiars.. but costs less... definately better than "ice". yesterday i used meguiars mirror show car glaze 7 and wow.. put that on after the clay bar and youll be looking fresh

Quick Reply: claying