Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The IUP lawsuit story...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 11:55 PM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

Default The IUP lawsuit story...

I just bought the April issue of Mustang Enthusiast mag and there is an article that says a guy named Frank Weyer invented the "My Display" option and presented it to Ford among other car makers back in 1999 after he received the patent for it, Ford didn't respond to it an now he is suing Ford for stealing it. The article says "Ford's legal team has been advised by Mr. Weyer that he is preparing a preliminary injunction motion which if granted, would immediately bar Ford from offering fo sale, manufacturing or DELIVERING any 2005 Mustang with the option". If this article is accurate that would explain why every GT with the IUP package is not getting to there buyers. Sucks but all Ford has to do is pay the guy and it will end! I guess Ford doesn't feel like it or maybe the guy wants 20 billion for it now that it's in all the cars. Just FYI....
Old 02-18-2005, 01:16 AM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

Default RE: The IUP lawsuit story...

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Order my GT back in October of 04 and got it in December of 04 with the MyColor option. Gee, does this mean I've got a rare stang?
Old 02-18-2005, 01:37 AM
Assassins
1st Gear Member

scootsbrew anyway I can see a pic of your cars inside?
Old 02-18-2005, 01:38 AM
Higgie
3rd Gear Member

I thought I saw a couple show on dealer inventory here in Indy two weeks ago with IUP. They weren't there the week before. I thought that meant they shipped recently??
Old 02-18-2005, 02:33 AM
am1scott

The lawsuit has had nothing to do with the IUP slowdown, other than driving up demand. The guy has had ZERO legal action taken to stop or slow production, sales or delivery. The reason that IUP has been slow is that Ford grossly underestimated the popularity, they guessed like 22% and demand has been closer to 80%. The slowdown had to do with the aluminum panels and not the gauge cluster.
The way I see it, judging by this guys ineptness at following proper legal procedures for obtaining an injunction, he has a better chance of getting a snowcone delivered by the devil than he has of forcing Ford to abandon the MyColor option.
Old 02-18-2005, 02:57 AM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

Assasins, here ya go. I know this isn't really good, if you'd like pictures of the colors when selected let me know and I'll snap some and post them.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12619/0B99AF99C7D843D7ADE5E4F7EBC48AEE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 02-18-2005, 10:19 AM
Lubricant
1st Gear Member

Here is the story... It IS holding the cars up it appears.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2005/1/prweb199210.htm
Old 02-18-2005, 10:42 AM
jagbits
2nd Gear Member

Yup that's what I read in the Mag! I'm glad I bough one with IUP, I am in Michigan and found a dealer in Maine with my car on the floor, it should be in MI a week from today... 7 long days... it's still snowing here so I try not to obsess but it's hard!
Old 02-18-2005, 11:18 AM
96GTponyup
2nd Gear Member

I got mine in November and when I bought it I was told by the sales manager that they may not be making them anymore.
ORIGINAL: scootsbrew

I guess I'm one of the lucky ones. Order my GT back in October of 04 and got it in December of 04 with the MyColor option. Gee, does this mean I've got a rare stang?
Old 02-18-2005, 11:34 AM
scootsbrew
1st Gear Member

I think if Ford is really holding up the cars ordered already due to this they should be spanked. If the royalty is truely $4.00 per order then pay it for those already order and then dispute that through the courts. Hold off on taking any other orders for the IUP until it is resolved and then move on. To hold up customers orders because of a lousy 4 bucks is to cut ones own throat with their customers.

Quick Reply: The IUP lawsuit story...