Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should i return the car??

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: should return the car??

ORIGINAL: mightymouse

Ok manCheck this out. i went through a bankruptcy and the finance co. does not want the car back so what they may do is. make an offer to your dad to lower the amount owed on the car as well as the payment and intrest rate just to get himto keep the car so he will start rebuilding his credit quickly. my finance co did that but the car i had wasnot worth keeping so i just let it go in the bankruptcy. if the car gose back to them then it goes toauctoined off and the financing co never gets there money outof the car. so if you can keep the car then by all means do so but talk to you dad about it and see what happens..
what finance company was this?
Old 09-25-2007, 10:29 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

"well minimum wage is going up in january to 8.00 an hour. i work 81 hours a week constantly. its enough to pay the car needs and school. but i could save 480 every month."

holy shyt kid, does he lube you up before he a$$ fukks you!! j/k.

wow, thats crazy! look for a better job.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:29 PM
ucdgreek
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black07gt

well minimum wage is going up in january to 8.00 an hour. i work 81 hours a week constantly. its enough to pay the car needs and school. but i could save 480 every month.
god damn 81 hours a week. over 11 hours a day. do u even have time to drive the car?
Old 09-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ucdgreek

well minimum wage is going up in january to 8.00 an hour. i work 81 hours a week constantly. its enough to pay the car needs and school. but i could save 480 every month.
god damn 81 hours a week. over 11 hours a day. do u even have time to drive the car?
sorry sorry sorry, my mistake 81 hours per check, thats every two weeks. sorry
Old 09-25-2007, 10:40 PM
kleistang
3rd Gear Member

if he is going in bankruptcy just let it go, wait until ford comes out with 0%APR until 72 months on mustangs and with a good credit, no trade (no upside down) you should be in a lower payment. i pay 400 for mine i got it last year when that program was out, I'm a car salesman so i got a Dplan with for to bad i was 3000 upside down in the fusion i had, if not i would be paying like 376 a month for my car. but please do not think on trading your car, realistically speaking my car is an 06 with 15k miles, Premium package on it on the black book (dealers trade guide get Blue book out your head) my car is worth around 20k to 21k and i still own 24500 after a year of paying i financed like 29k after 2k down.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:48 PM
owero01
5th Gear Member

If you are just worried about the amount of time left to pay on the car, don't. You are going to fine that any major item you purchase, it will take a long time to pay it off. Just think about credit cards and making the minimum payment, or even a college education. It takes years to pay off a student loan. I know someone will say that is different and you will be making more money. Percentage wise, its the same. So, if its having to pay $480 a month for the next 5 years, get use to it because you will just find something else that you will have to pay for a long time.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:49 PM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: should i return the car??

I didn't drive a "new car" until I turned 26 and had graduated fromcollege.I still think that was the best thing for me, driving a $500 vehicle no A/C and living in Arizona. I respected the hard earned dollar that I made. I feel sorry that you are going through this, but at the same time it sounds like you were in over your head on the payments. Good luck in whatever you decide.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:10 PM
PLstang
5th Gear Member

Sure sounds like a tough situation. Just remember that over the next 5 years things will change. The position you find yourself in today will no be the same tomorrow. So think things through and try to look longterm. I know its hard when your 17 but dont do anything rash.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:15 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

yeh umm I dont know, I suggest trying to sell the car, because if you just stop paying and let the car go bankrupt, your credit will go in the tank and you'll never get a loan again.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:34 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mightymouse

Ok manCheck this out. i went through a bankruptcy and the finance co. does not want the car back so what they may do is. make an offer to your dad to lower the amount owed on the car as well as the payment and intrest rate just to get himto keep the car so he will start rebuilding his credit quickly. my finance co did that but the car i had wasnot worth keeping so i just let it go in the bankruptcy. if the car gose back to them then it goes toauctoined off and the financing co never gets there money outof the car. so if you can keep the car then by all means do so but talk to you dad about it and see what happens..
what finance company was this?
WelsFargo

Quick Reply: should i return the car??