Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

should i return the car??

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

Default should i return the car??

ok so i have been thinking about returning the carsince i still have 5 more years of paying it. i have been thinking about getting a new edge put acobra bodykit and a stroker. or a salvage v6 S197 and a stroker engine. this way i donthave to be paying 480 amonth for f*cken 60 more months. what should i do?? i'm 17 and have a full-time minimun wage job, so its kind of hard for me to buyother stuff that i want. so what would you guys do in my situation?? help and ideas please!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Default RE: should return the car??

You have to know what is best for you. Sounds like you might be in a little over your head. I think if you think about it, you'll make the right decesion. Good Luck! At your age, you have a lot of time ahead of you to get the "toys".
Old 09-25-2007, 10:00 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Not to bust your chops but this question should have been asked BEFORE you bought the car. If you have no money to go out and party the less trouble you will get in. Working hard for something builds a good work ethic. JMO
Old 09-25-2007, 10:05 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DeStonn

Not to bust your chops but this question should have been asked BEFORE you bought the car. If you have no money to go out and party the less trouble you will get in. Working hard for something builds a good work ethic. JMO
yeah thats true. i mean i do have some money but not as much as i would like to. the car is in my dads name, insurance etc. he is going bankrupt now so he gave that option. but i mean i love my car and all the time i have put into it........ aah man a feel like crying, j/k. if i hold my pants i know i can do it, but its 5 more years of this. or maybe i should look for a better paying job
Old 09-25-2007, 10:09 PM
Goody625
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DeStonn

+1

On another note, I would'nt "return" the car. If anything sell it outright privately. You should get more out of the vehicle. Depending on how long you have paid on it you may still take a loss, but it will be ALOT less than trading it in and developing that dreaded "negative equity."

Good luck with your decision.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:09 PM
DeStonn
4th Gear Member

Sound like you have a good head on your shoulders. If you are still in school don't kill yourself trying to make a car payment. Good luck with whatever you do. A V6 Pony is still a great car
Old 09-25-2007, 10:15 PM
Dennis074.0
3rd Gear Member

dont return the car.

ask your boss for a raise, or look for a better paying job. How many hours a week do you work, and how much free time do you have? What do you plan on doing as a career?

you can always pick up a p/t job one day a week.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:17 PM
mightymouse
3rd Gear Member

Ok manCheck this out. i went through a bankruptcy and the finance co. does not want the car back so what they may do is. make an offer to your dad to lower the amount owed on the car as well as the payment and intrest rate just to get himto keep the car so he will start rebuilding his credit quickly. my finance co did that but the car i had wasnot worth keeping so i just let it go in the bankruptcy. if the car gose back to them then it goes toauctoined off and the financing co never gets there money outof the car. so if you can keep the car then by all means do so but talk to you dad about it and see what happens..
Old 09-25-2007, 10:20 PM
Black07gt
3rd Gear Member

well minimum wage is going up in january to 8.00 an hour. i work 81 hours a week constantly. its enough to pay the car needs and school. but i could save 480 every month.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Goody625
3rd Gear Member

Patience will pay off for you. I had to wait 16 years before I was in a financial position to get my stang. It will work out for you in the end....don't be burdened with a car payment like that. You have the rest of your life to be burdened...especially if you get yourself a waif and kids!! Enjoy being a kid and partying with your friends.

Quick Reply: should i return the car??