Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O/R H question

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 08:55 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

Default O/R H question

Hello all,
I am going to be installing my O/R H and Pypes Mid-Muffler system. I have e-mailed Doug @ Ba MA (I currently have his tune)but he has not gotten back to me. I can still run the O/R H on the car without getting it tuned right? I'm okay with getting an engine code for a while, until I get the new tune. Hopefully someone can clarify and give me some piece of mind that I'm not doing any damage to the car.

Also, a new tune is needed to shut the O2 sensors off... I know that for sure, but will the new tune need to be adjusted bc of the O/R H for performance purposes? If not, Im sure someone here will be kind enough to teach me how to turn the O2 sensors off with my XCal.
Thanks again all!
Old 09-28-2007, 08:59 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: O/R H question

I don't think you can turn them off yourself with the XCal, I think you can on a Predator. You could just buy a set of MIL eliminators, but its probably a better idea just to get a new tune.
Old 09-28-2007, 09:51 AM
thewarmachine
5th Gear Member

You can drive the car without a new tune. I had an O/R H-pipe for one day (sold it the next day...too loud), and I drove about 60miles with it. I never got a trouble code, but people say you will eventually. I don't know if the new tune adjusts for the new pipe's performance though.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:28 AM
ArmyDave

I bought the JLT/sct combo form Brenspeed. When i ordered the off road H/mid mufflers from them they said i did not need to update the tune. They also shut off the rear O2's from the initial tune...Said to many people would call back to get it done later anyhow....It sounds awsome..LOUD
Old 09-28-2007, 10:51 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ArmyDave

I bought the JLT/sct combo form Brenspeed. When i ordered the off road H/mid mufflers from them they said i did not need to update the tune. They also shut off the rear O2's from the initial tune...Said to many people would call back to get it done later anyhow....It sounds awsome..LOUD
Post some video's or sound clips man... I am so freakin excited about getting this exhaust combo. I know its going to be loud... but does it sound good? Throaty?
Old 09-28-2007, 01:30 PM
tritonpwrd
2nd Gear Member

I've got the off road h with magnaflow magnapacks catback. It did not need a new tune, the only thing was brenspeed shut off my rear o2 sensors. As far as sound, this combination sounds like the old muscle cars. Real loud and very throaty. It draws attention everywhere I go, and around here in south florida cops dont bother me about it. They are more into busting ricers for the fart can exhaust.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

I had the o/r on my car, I did not need a tune.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:20 PM
danGT06
3rd Gear Member

Most tuners will turn off the rear 02 sensors even if you don't have an O/R pipe. I would say that your bama tune right now probably has them turned off so you might not even need a new one... Also there is no need to upgrade your tune with an O/R pipe.. not much power to be gained unless you get on a dyno with some other mods.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:00 PM
Budman2K
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: danGT06

Most tuners will turn off the rear 02 sensors even if you don't have an O/R pipe. I would say that your bama tune right now probably has them turned off so you might not even need a new one... Also there is no need to upgrade your tune with an O/R pipe.. not much power to be gained unless you get on a dyno with some other mods.
I installed a Mac O/R Prochamber and am using the B@m@ 93 Race tune, emailed Doug and he said the rear sensors are already turned off in the tune. He did modify it however for the CMCV Deletes.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:49 PM
v6VenoM
3rd Gear Member

Hey Vinny in my personal opinion O/R H and SLP's too raspy and abnoxious loud! I had to switch out my Violators to Mac's cuz of that. As far as the engine light goes you will be ok, you're not hurting your car and don't worry that white smoke you see initially when you install the O/R H is normal. Good luck

Mike

Quick Reply: O/R H question