Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are mustangs any good around a track, or are they just straight line cars?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 12:06 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Default RE: Are mustangs any good around a track, or are they just straight line cars?

ORIGINAL: Skycam4

Check the thread I run mine. This was stock. You can read it.

https://mustangforums.com/m_3969682/mpage_2/tm.htm

John
Good job.
Me like it
Old 10-06-2007, 12:21 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Are mustangs any good around a track, or are they just straight line cars?

ORIGINAL: SCCAGT

Nah, I'm sure you wouldnt even consider driving anything but a beemer on a road course. Ya know, all the dumb-*** kids that drive around with their fart can equipped Hondas brag about VTEC as if it was what makes a car real. They also say the same crap about going through turns to try and catch up with an "old school" V8 american car. Now your wanting to say thing same type of crap about BMW. Those cars are NOT the pinnacle of automobile euphoria. Neither is a Mustang.

But,every auto manufacturer has tohave an entry-level car. Sounds like a 3 series to me.
Ford Focus, Chevy Cobalt, Dodge Neon, BMW 3, Lexus IS, Nissan Sentra, Toyota Yaris, etc.

Yep, goodpeers ya got there.
wow he asked if mustangs are good around the track and you insult BMW's and Hondas? Did you even read his post?

btw with some aftermarket the mustang is a great track car even with the solid rear axle. however, it was mainly developed for go fast in a straight line.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:50 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

I did read his post. He was "dissin" Mustangs in another thread.
Old 10-06-2007, 12:54 PM
schapman
4th Gear Member

Nah, I'm sure you wouldnt even consider driving anything but a beemer on a road course. Ya know, all the dumb-*** kids that drive around with their fart can equipped Hondas brag about VTEC as if it was what makes a car real. They also say the same crap about going through turns to try and catch up with an "old school" V8 american car. Now your wanting to say thing same type of crap about BMW. Those cars are NOT the pinnacle of automobile euphoria. Neither is a Mustang.

But,every auto manufacturer has tohave an entry-level car. Sounds like a 3 series to me.
Ford Focus, Chevy Cobalt, Dodge Neon, BMW 3, Lexus IS, Nissan Sentra, Toyota Yaris, etc.

Yep, goodpeers ya got there.
entry level is a BMW 1 series
Old 10-06-2007, 12:59 PM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

I wish they'd show the GT races where the Mustang was winning so many races versus the BMWs and Porches. It made for interesting races. I can't stand races where it's all the same model car.

Here's info on the setup for the FR500:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...ang-fr500.html

here's more:

http://www.stangnet.com/Ford-Mustang...pe-070317.html
Old 10-06-2007, 01:03 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Yeah really...
The idiot butt in, ina thread that was about SRT8s and Stangs. Not BMWs that no one gives a sh#t about in a Mustang forum.
Old 10-06-2007, 01:05 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

If you lower it with stiffer springs, change out some basic suspension parts, add better and wider tires, and upgrade your brakes, it does pretty dang good. You'll alway be fighting the weight issue in the corners because our cars are significantl heavier than the other cars you'll be running with. But I have fun runing the road courses in mine. So go for it!
Old 10-06-2007, 03:13 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

Fair enough, I didn't see that thread, I now realize that your response was justified.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:23 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

ORIGINAL: laserred02

Fair enough, I didn't see that thread, I now realize that your response was justified.

Yeah, he's still at it on the other thread.
Moderators need to step in now.

In the meantime, I'm gonna check the beemer sites... See if I can find that a##hole there, I ain't got nothing else to do.[8D]
Old 10-06-2007, 03:52 PM
GT500OC
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, with a bunch of aftermarket goodies, the Shelby spanks most everything it runs up against (most come off of trailers and are race only). Runs in the 1:30's at Willow Springs all day long and there is no greater feeling than staying with the imports in the corners and then just spanking the hell out of them in the straights. Oh, BTW, it still runs high 10's in the 1/4 setup in road racing trim!

GT500OC

Quick Reply: Are mustangs any good around a track, or are they just straight line cars?