Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got rear ended today?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 07:20 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Default Got rear ended today?

Well like the topic states. Some idiot woman rear ended me. Luckily it only scratched my paint a lil bit on my rear bumper by the license plate. I just told her not to worry about it and left cause I had to get back to work, and nothing would have happened since FL is a no fault state, so I would have to pay my premium on my insurance anyways, which is more than a new bumper and paint would cost anyways. I can probably put touch up paint and wax it back hopefully. I'll post pics later
Old 10-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Thurman
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Got rear ended today?

That sux. For you sitting their doing nothing, some jerk hits you, and you have to pay? WTF
Old 10-06-2007, 07:30 PM
ilmor
3rd Gear Member

You messed up...its "no fault", but her insurance company still has to pay for the damage...you should have gotten her information, then your insurance company would have seeked recovery for the damages from her insurance company, and your car would have been repaired at no expense to you.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:37 PM
poohflingr
2nd Gear Member

I'm an insurance agent and I am having trouble wrapping my head around this. What in the hell made you think that you have to pay for damage for someone rearending you? And before you respond I am licensed in 38 different states including florida. No matter the damage you always make the at-fault party accountable! Someone gave you an incorrect interpretation of no-fault state. Her insurance company still is responsible for your damages, well, not anymore.
Old 10-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Bluestar
5th Gear Member

At least Luckydawg knows his insurance rates wont go up because of this, I probably would have done the same thing.
Old 10-06-2007, 09:25 PM
skillful
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ilmor

You messed up...its "no fault", but her insurance company still has to pay for the damage...you should have gotten her information, then your insurance company would have seeked recovery for the damages from her insurance company, and your car would have been repaired at no expense to you.
+1
and your insurance wont go up if its not your fault. I would of got her info!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 09:51 AM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Ya I probably should have got her info. But it just left like a smaller than a dime size scrape on my bumper by the license plate area. Owell I'm definetely not telling my insurance about it now. They will raise my rates and say I backed into something probably. Plus it won't cover my $500 deductable anyways. So I'll just use wax and touch up paint, really not to worried about it.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:21 AM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

glad there wasn't too much damage, sound like you'll
be able to touch it up at home.

i'm pretty sure alot of us would be frazzled too, seeing
our baby with a boo boo

Old 10-10-2007, 10:23 AM
ohsixgt1217
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: luckydawg003

Well like the topic states. Some idiot woman rear ended me. Luckily it only scratched my paint a lil bit on my rear bumper by the license plate. I just told her not to worry about it and left cause I had to get back to work, and nothing would have happened since FL is a no fault state, so I would have to pay my premium on my insurance anyways, which is more than a new bumper and paint would cost anyways. I can probably put touch up paint and wax it back hopefully. I'll post pics later
Same identical thing happend to me.

I live in Florida and her insurance bought me a brand new gt500 painted bumper. My insurance didnt even hear about it.

You should have gotten her info.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:47 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

The styrofoam piece behind the bumper cober absorbed all the
impact and needs to be replaced for the next impact?????
Just askin.

Quick Reply: Got rear ended today?