Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!unanswered questions!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 10:42 AM
JewStangGT
2nd Gear Member

Default !unanswered questions!

ok, there are a couple questions I would like answered, preferably from people who actually have done these:

1. Do aftermarket shorty headers really only benefit the car by being much lighter than the cast iron exhaust manifold, or is there also a horsepower gain?
What is a good priced good quality shorty header for the s197?

2. For anyone who has used the CMCV delete plates, Was there any gain, how hard were they to install, and what kind of tuning is required to satisfy the EMU after installation?

3. Has anyone used a windage tray, do they add horsepower (i read somwhere that they do), what exactly do they do, and how would that work to add horsepower if they do?

4. If anyone has installed a one piece lightweight driveshaft, how hard was it, and was it worth it?
Old 10-07-2007, 10:50 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Default RE: !unanswered questions!

1. I have seen a few dynos of shorties and there was a change in sound but not much of a gain 3-5 hp
2. CMCV for me was pretty good, no loss in low end torq because Doug knows how to write a damn good tune. Check tacobills install to see if you think it would be hard, i didnt think it was but i might have more of a background on these things than you do...
3. dont know
4. It gets rid of the clunking and various other annoying problems the cars have. Not terribly hard to install, adjusting the pinion angle is needed/recommended so you want adj UCA or LCA. Tacobill has a write up on that and there is a spidershaft install on the s197 forum that was done by kimmer. very good also
Old 10-07-2007, 10:51 AM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: JewStangGT

1. Do aftermarket shorty headers really only benefit the car by being much lighter than the cast iron exhaust manifold, or is there also a horsepower gain?
shorties do very little if anything; maybe 5 hp which isn't worth the money
2. For anyone who has used the CMCV delete plates, Was there any gain, how hard were they to install, and what kind of tuning is required to satisfy the EMU after installation?
any hp increases are at WOT only
3. Has anyone used a windage tray, do they add horsepower (i read somwhere that they do), what exactly do they do, and how would that work to add horsepower if they do?
they prevent the oil from being slung all over the place at high rpm's
4. If anyone has installed a one piece lightweight driveshaft, how hard was it, and was it worth it?
unlike some driveshafts, our 2pc has to be pulled out of the diff with a puller, it doesn't just unbolt. You WILL NEED some form of adjustment to achieve the correct pinion angle, via an adj upper ca or lowers REGARDLESS OF WHAT PEOPLE WILL TELL YOU.

ps I haven't done any of those things, but hey it's Sunday and nobody else is answering. Hope I sort-of helped
Old 10-07-2007, 11:25 AM
06tyrfryr
2nd Gear Member

+1 with Howarmat on #3 will generally only notice a diff on extreme rpms.
Old 10-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197richie

ORIGINAL: JewStangGT

shorties do very little if anything; maybe 5 hp which isn't worth the money
any hp increases are at WOT only
they prevent the oil from being slung all over the place at high rpm's
unlike some driveshafts, our 2pc has to be pulled out of the diff with a puller, it doesn't just unbolt. You WILL NEED some form of adjustment to achieve the correct pinion angle, via an adj upper ca or lowers REGARDLESS OF WHAT PEOPLE WILL TELL YOU.

ps I haven't done any of those things, but hey it's Sunday and nobody else is answering. Hope I sort-of helped
Thats cause everyone's getting ready for a full day of football .............unfortunately I have to work sunday's[:@]
Old 10-07-2007, 11:32 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

NASCAR FTW and the bears play late anyway!!
Old 10-07-2007, 11:54 AM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

Havnt been following NASCAR as much as before due to the aforementioned work schedule. But when I do get to sit on a sunday and watchg I channel surf between the 2
Old 10-07-2007, 11:58 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I love my work, we can watch the race or the football and i can be on here too
Old 10-07-2007, 12:15 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

I wish LOL.............I can be on here and follow the games on the net but no TV's
Old 10-07-2007, 03:32 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

back on topic you post ******!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: !unanswered questions!