Notices
2005-2014 Mustangs Discussions on the latest S197 model Mustangs from Ford.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mustang GT vs Chrysler 300 C

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:29 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang GT vs Chrysler 300 C

ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

If the 300 came in a coupe version it would have been a tough choice for me. Reminds me of an old Chevelle or something. Did a photoshop years ago:

But anyway, the Mustang is more hotroddy...and responds well to mods. For the price of a 300 you could have an awesome Mustang with like 550 HP...wheels, SC, body kit and everything.
Hmmmmm separated at birth?

[IMG]local://upfiles/46403/74B7BCC13BF14403A9ED2377AE53BF01.jpg[/IMG]
Old 10-09-2007, 09:46 PM
thxultra
2nd Gear Member

They are making a two door it is called a challanger. The challanger will be one sweet looking ride but the stang will still be faster then the 5.7
Old 10-09-2007, 09:47 PM
Burnsy
5th Gear Member

damn that photochop looks pretty good...maybe you should take that to chrysler, get some money out of it
Old 10-09-2007, 09:53 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

no comparison in my opinion..buy the stang, take the money you saved put it into mods and believe me hp will not even be an issue...get the stang...heck i'll sell ya mine....
Old 10-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Burnsy
damn that photochop looks pretty good...maybe you should take that to chrysler, get some money out of it
it looks good exept for the 300c that it was made from j/k
Old 10-09-2007, 09:59 PM
MantaDreams
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BeitzelGT

Ok.... So I've had my eye on the Mustang GT's for a while now.... and Its about the only car that fits what I really want as far as looks and means to be upgraded....
But the shortage in HP with the mustangs bothers me some... only 300?
<<<snip>>>
For looks and mods, you should get the Stang.

Many forum members here will point you in the right direction to up your HP.... and 300 HP on this car is nothing to sneeze at.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:10 PM
badhorsie

ORIGINAL: hammeron

5.7L V8, 16 valve, 340 hp @ 5000 rpm

5 speed automatic transmission
17 mpg city / 25 mpg hwy

No comparison between the two!!!!!!!! PERIOD! The Chrysler is a gangster looking, Bentley wanna be. The HEMI is overrated and the Mustang will blow the doors off of it any day of the week.
This is my first Mustang and I absolutely love it!! Mine is stock and the power is very good. The Mustang out-classes the Chrysler in every way and as a far a build quality and pride of ownership you will be much happier with a Mustang. Hope you make the right choice
Old 10-10-2007, 05:18 AM
cavediver
3rd Gear Member

I had a 300C as my company car for 3 years. Performance was good but it was NOT as quick as the Mustang GT, in fact it wasn't even close. The 300C was in the shop all the time: replaced one head, replaced a/c compressor, replaced both front wheel bearings, 'check engine light' the dealer could only reset for a day or two, replaced wiper motor, there's was more but I can't remember right now............all that was under warranty! To me the 300C design is already 'aged', it's now a car that looks looks more like a 'pimp-mobile' or 'gangster' car that would be more at place in the 'hood' and not in my driveway.

The Mustang has classic looks that won't go out of style and the performance to go with it!
Old 10-10-2007, 08:08 AM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Here we go again...
Comparing a 2 door sport car with a heavy 4 door sedan.
Why not throwing in, a Hummerfor comparison while we're at it ?

We need a comment in the home page of the forum in big prints : MUSTANGS= BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:01 AM
DarkFireGT
4th Gear Member

If you want performance, do NOT get the 300C. When I wrecked my '03GT, I bought a Magnum R/T. They'd just come out and were soo different looking, and had more horsepower than a Mustang. But between the weight, and horrible gearing, it was a slug in comparison. The stock rear gears are 2.92, and guess what, after 3 years, there's no upgrades available. There was talk about it with a few companies. It never happened, as far as I know. When they were talking, they were wanting almost $1k for some gears. I like my Magnum a lot, don't get me wrong. But in the end, I needed a Mustang as a daily driver. The Magnum just didn't cut it. Plus, a lot of people had powertrain and rear-end problems, which is why Chrysler had to bump up to a lifetime warranty. They couldn't let their "Car of the Year" get slammed because of all the issues, so they extended the warranty.

Bottom line, if you NEED the practicality of the 300, go for it. But if you can get by with the little bit of practicality of a Mustang, go with the Mustang. You'll be much happier.

Quick Reply: Mustang GT vs Chrysler 300 C